The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20240828_184942.jpg

Decent enough changed line up for the cup. Killman is clearly jlos main man as he still starts. Still some real talent in that team

Hopefully get to watch it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite got going on the front foot yet. Manager still working his tactics but I must say we looking much more solid at the back which is refreshing

AWB in 2 games putting pain to the myth he can't go forward, even playing lb tonight he is constantly bombing forward

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Strange game from Newcastle....wonderful crisp one touch passing through the lines resulting in a goal after 18 seconds and then another chance on 3 minutes well saved by the Forest keeper - then 35 minutes of generally disjointed football, cant string two passes together, pressing as individuals, no cohesion between midfield and strikers and largely being given the run around by Forest who are very lively and energetic.

Need's a change in set-up as Forest will eventually unlock our defence.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Strange game from Newcastle....wonderful crisp one touch passing through the lines resulting in a goal after 18 seconds and then another chance on 3 minutes well saved by the Forest keeper - then 35 minutes of generally disjointed football, cant string two passes together, pressing as individuals, no cohesion between midfield and strikers and largely being given the run around by Forest who are very lively and energetic.

Need's a change in set-up as Forest will eventually unlock our defence.
Happened quickly!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scrappy but will do.

Shame it's too late to change my signing of the season from Summervile to AWB @Orikoru

Right back, left back.. good going forward aswell... Despite the myths

Then again killman could pip him. He's been fantastic thus far

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well....we don't win penalty shoot outs very often but if that's what it takes.

A very edgy overall performance but it took until the last 15 minutes before we really stirred and started playing.

Forest could argue that they deserved the win over 90 minutes and I'd concede they were the better team for much of the game (I kept trying to count the number of red shirts as they seemed to have players everywhere) but despite much possession they only created half chances and 3 shots on target tells a story of its own.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Scrappy but will do.

Shame it's too late to change my signing of the season from Summervile to AWB @Orikoru

Right back, left back.. good going forward aswell... Despite the myths

Then again killman could pip him. He's been fantastic thus far
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm uncomfortable with your levels of bullish optimism with regards to WHU, PJ87...
... it reads like someone more used to supporting one of the two north Western teams. Are you sure you weren't born somewhere along the east lancs Road? Or Surrey? Or Northants...

In all seriousness, from what I've seen so far, we've been lucky to have got anything from the 3 games we've played. We still don't really have a coherent pattern of play and are relying a much as ever on 3 (very good) players to get results. The 2 new defenders look like upgrades, but I'm not sure about the rest yet.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well....we don't win penalty shoot outs very often but if that's what it takes.

A very edgy overall performance but it took until the last 15 minutes before we really stirred and started playing.

Forest could argue that they deserved the win over 90 minutes and I'd concede they were the better team for much of the game (I kept trying to count the number of red shirts as they seemed to have players everywhere) but despite much possession they only created half chances and 3 shots on target tells a story of its own.
I went to bed straight after the penalties. Do you know if the last Forest penalty has landed yet? That was an awful penalty. From a CF 😱

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went to bed straight after the penalties. Do you know if the last Forest penalty has landed yet? That was an awful penalty. From a CF 😱

Heh heh. Yeah I was at the game and it was awful to see Big T do that. He’s not been fully fit for a while and still isn’t. Was encouraging to see him do a full 90 minutes but he was way off where we know he can be. I privately questioned the decision to let him have a penalty as he was walking up to take it, but I assume the manager had asked who wanted to take one and he was up for it. Hopefully this doesn’t knock his confidence too much and he can get back to being the big awkward git that we’ve seen in the past.

Overall from a Forest point of view I was incredibly encouraged by the performance. That was essentially our current “B” team that started the game last night, apart from one or two. Four debutants too, who slotted in perfectly and all did well - especially Jota Silva who got our goal and looked like an absolute terrier every time we were out of possession. Excited to see what the “Portuguese Jack Grealish” (as our fans are calling him!) can produce for us in the longer term.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to say, that last Forest penalty was quite impressive. I suspect it quite easily cleared the Trent.
Was not too disappointed though. Apart from the first 20 seconds, and the last 15 minutes, I thought we did quite well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm uncomfortable with your levels of bullish optimism with regards to WHU, PJ87...
... it reads like someone more used to supporting one of the two north Western teams. Are you sure you weren't born somewhere along the east lancs Road? Or Surrey? Or Northants...

In all seriousness, from what I've seen so far, we've been lucky to have got anything from the 3 games we've played. We still don't really have a coherent pattern of play and are relying a much as ever on 3 (very good) players to get results. The 2 new defenders look like upgrades, but I'm not sure about the rest yet.

Fingers crossed 🤞

The way I see it is going forward wasn't an issue before it was defending.

Rodriguez looks really good. Will provide good comp and cover for Alvarez

Killman is a massive upgrade on injured zouma

AWB is a very very good signing.

We have let in 2 goals in 3 games. All against premier league standard oppo. Last year was one of the worst defences in the league

If we manage to cut out the goals going in and get the fluid going forward again we will make roads

Game turned yesterday when paquata and kudus came on

Players slowly getting used to the tactics, building just fine for me