The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Fantastic.

Generally not too bad against a decent Brighton side. However, still feels like Utd have too many players who are incapable of scoring a decent amount of goals over a season. And 2 terrible moments of defending.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Fantastic.

Generally not too bad against a decent Brighton side. However, still feels like Utd have too many players who are incapable of scoring a decent amount of goals over a season. And 2 terrible moments of defending.

United just weren’t good enough in the key moments, but in general terms looked much more solid. Those two awful moments of defending apart, they looked much more controlled.

Looked much more balanced with Garnacho in place of Rashford, who stunk the Amex out. I genuinely do not know what the manager sees in him.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disappointed no changes from the villa game. Thought awb would come into the team in place of coufal as the right side of defence looked very open

But j-lo sees the team in training the fans don't so see what happens. Although palace have a lot of pace. Thought awb (especially being the returning player) would be a shoe in

Swango1980

Visit site
United just weren’t good enough in the key moments, but in general terms looked much more solid. Those two awful moments of defending apart, they looked much more controlled.

Looked much more balanced with Garnacho in place of Rashford, who stunk the Amex out. I genuinely do not know what the manager sees in him.
I think if a club bid for Rashford, ETH would happily consider it. But, on his wages, I can't see anyone taking the risk. So, I guess he could do what Chelsea have done to Sterling (although Utd done have 67 alternatives in that position), or try and use him in his best position, and hope he can somehow play into form in this fresh season.

But, I can see him changing that soon, as Rasford is just far too inconsistent. Or, actually, consistently poor. I'd imagine Maguire might be benched soon as well, albeit he's been decent first 2 games

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think if a club bid for Rashford, ETH would happily consider it. But, on his wages, I can't see anyone taking the risk. So, I guess he could do what Chelsea have done to Sterling (although Utd done have 67 alternatives in that position), or try and use him in his best position, and hope he can somehow play into form in this fresh season.

But, I can see him changing that soon, as Rasford is just far too inconsistent. Or, actually, consistently poor. I'd imagine Maguire might be benched soon as well, albeit he's been decent first 2 games

I think changes will come. The club aren’t going to have brought in the likes of de Ligt and Zirkzee to then see them left on the bench every week. Both will be starters pretty soon.

With regards Rashford, I know he is on exorbitant wages, but I don’t doubt that his contract is packed full of clauses to ensure he won’t receive full whack if he isn’t playing. And he simply doesn’t deserve a start in that side - hasn’t done for well over a year.

I sincerely hope that when Hojlund is fit, and Garnacho is up to speed, along with a fully integrated Zirkzee, that Rashford is consigned to United’s past. He most certainly isn’t the future.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is anybody going to talk about Brighton!
I thought they fully deserved the win, although man u were a tad unlucky with their second goal being disallowed.
Brighton were in control for the majority of the game. On the front foot and not giving United toomuch time on the ball.
Another observation, I don't think that was brightons strongest side so bodes well for the rest of the season.
De Zerbie must be thinking why didn't they spend like that when I was manager!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great win. AWB changed it when he came on, his push upfield led to the scrappy opener. Hope the ball boy is ok after the fans celebrating caused the advertising hoarding to fall on him. Good on soucek helping him instantly

Great second goal by Bowen. All from killman .. been a great signing. J-lo knew what he needed and can see why he liked him for his system

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
@LT, I really thought Everton had improved but early signs are and must be very disconcerting for their fans . Dyche has got a huge amount of work to get them ticking and getting their heads up again after such a poor start .