The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What the hell is going on at palace? They had a fantastic end of the season.. got a good manager in and were playing fantastic football

Fast forward to today. Eze is on verge of being sold. Geuhi (sp) off to Newcastle, Anderson off to Fulham ..after selling ollise aswell??
If all of those things happen, you have to feel for the fans. Possibly wonder if the manager will stick around. You can understand 1 or 2 key players going but that could rip the side apart. Tough for them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If all of those things happen, you have to feel for the fans. Possibly wonder if the manager will stick around. You can understand 1 or 2 key players going but that could rip the side apart. Tough for them.

They were a breath of fresh air last year, that team was great on the eye

Sure teams sell now and again but surely one max 2 be sold off..

Ollise gone
Geuhi agreed fee with Newcastle the rumour
Ayew having medical with Leicester
Anderson in talks with Fulham

The eze one I've only heard today but isn't the above way more than enough sells.

Seems like the owners taking money out the club

4LEX

Visit site
I can't understand Chelsea and what they seem to be doing.

We all know they're spreading the costs of the signings in terms of fees and wages over their entire contract, in order to reduce the yearly costs and beat PSR rules. But it only works if they actually have success on the pitch or manage to make a profit on selling players. A lot of their signings have depreciated in value and they're having to sell homegrown players to cover the losses.

For a club to spend not far off 1.5 billion in two years and end up with a bang average manager and such an unbalanced and largely average squad takes some doing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to think they are going to struggle with so many good players going after they seemed to have gelled as a good side in the second half of the season

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very pleased we have Andersen from Palace. A solid player who will bolster the defence. Silva says we will buy a striker before the window as well. Not sure how I feel about Sterling especially with the wage demands but he would get goals. Hopefully the club has a bright young talent ready to burst onto the scene in mind who will dazzle the PL with 20+ goals. Somehow I doubt it

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They’ve pretty much controlled this first half but I really, really don’t like playing a false nine. I said the same last week we lack a focal point.

And Rashford. Oh my word, how much longer do we have to put up with him?