The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
It’s not hindsight - people have been saying the same thing all tournament, before , during , after each game the same observations have been made on here , by pundits in the studio and in the media

It’s the manager who ultimately makes the decision, it’s his tactics and his mindset that once again has seen them fall short when faced with a stronger opposition

Even when they got back into it they had a great chance but once again they sat back
They didn’t sit back! The better team regained control.

We weren’t playing a team of mugs

4LEX

Visit site
Blimey - care to explain why you turned it into a personal attack on me

Are you not capable of just discussing the game and what happened without going personal

Walker was poor defensively and offered nothing going forward - he was poor for both of the goals tonight and has been poor throughout the whole tournament- he should have been dropped along with others

TAA offers significantly more going forward than Walker

Stop putting on an act, you were angling for a response, it's your whole reason for being in this thread!

I do agree he hasn't offered enough going forward but he's been decent at the back. If TAA played tonight it would be game over in the first 30 minutes.

The new manager needs to bring in Ben White and make him first choice. He's better defending and attacking than TAA and plays with Saka. That's one of Southgate's biggest mistakes for me.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Spain were very good, in fact to read some of the posts in here the score must have been 7-1. It was a 2-1 defeat but it wasn’t a thrashing. Looking for perfection from any team is kinda silly. Both goals came from Spain’s left, arguably from their best player.

What about Rice’s header right at the end, saved by the keeper, then the header off the line immediately after. Shots from Bellingham & Foden?

England weren’t the better team but the chances for both sides could have seen a different winner, and certainly a very different score.

I’m not subscribing to England were awful. They weren’t as good but they had decent chances too.

England had moments in the game where they had chances and tested Spain but it never seems to happen on a more sustained pressure - they seem to be waiting for the chances to come as opposed to what Spain do which is trying to force and create the chances

The key battle was the midfield and Spain dominated it

Morfeen75

Visit site
Who should have played instead of Walker?
I dont have enough knowledge to suggest a particular player. My point is just because the alternative isnt better than the current incumbent of that position that we should carry on with him. There must be another right back out there that would be an improvement?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
England had moments in the game where they had chances and tested Spain but it never seems to happen on a more sustained pressure - they seem to be waiting for the chances to come as opposed to what Spain do which is trying to force and create the chances

The key battle was the midfield and Spain dominated it

They dominated so well it was only 2-1 against, allegedly, a very poor defence?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not hindsight - people have been saying the same thing all tournament, before , during , after each game the same observations have been made on here , by pundits in the studio and in the media

It’s the manager who ultimately makes the decision, it’s his tactics and his mindset that once again has seen them fall short when faced with a stronger opposition

Even when they got back into it they had a great chance but once again they sat back
Spot on for me.

When we equalised we should have thrown everything at them but we sat back.
That’s why we came second.!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can't see Southgate staying regardless of any new contract offer.Whose going to replace him? Or Who would you like to see as coach.
My ideal manager would be Pep. But rumours are he will extend his contract another season. So sloppy seconds would be Klopp.
If you like to watch good football then he is the one.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Stop putting on an act, you were angling for a response, it's your whole reason for being in this thread!

I do agree he hasn't offered enough going forward but he's been decent at the back. If TAA played tonight it would be game over in the first 30 minutes.

The new manager needs to bring in Ben White and make him first choice. He's better defending and attacking than TAA and plays with Saka. That's one of Southgate's biggest mistakes for me.

😂

One has 9 Prem assists - the other 58

TAA has had more in season than White has in his career
They dominated so well it was only 2-1 against, allegedly, a very poor defence?
IMG_8228.jpeg

Yes dominated the game

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is that GS the brilliant man manager.
He made a right mess of the White situation.

TAA isn’t a right back imo Klopp never really played him as such.
He’s more important going forward than defending that’s always been the case imo of course.

Walker played well but we were undone by some very good football ,but basic mistakes just made it a bit easier for them.

4LEX

Visit site
It absolutely would. But so what.

He works better with younger teams with no egos, not sure he would have the same credibility in a team that have already had world class coaches (bar the Man Utd lads) and already won major trophies.

He's a purist but I think England need someone with a better track record and more flexibility.