The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Morfeen75

Visit site
I take it you didn’t watch the match?

No way would you take off Rice for Palmer, they play different positions.

I agree Rice was poor though.
Your post isnt just a personal attack it is contadictory too.

Mainoo and Rice were playing in a midfield 2, southgate took Mainoo off and changed the formation. He couldve done the exact same but take Rice off.

Mainoo was better than Rice tonight.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same against Holland, but he swapped Palmer for Foden, could of done that again tonight, but, imo, Mainoo was the poorer of the midfield players, he looked lost.

We were 1-1 against Holland no? Where as we were 1-0 down needing to go for it

Different situations

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could go into this for hours really but with a 352/532/3421 I would've had Walker RCB and TAA as RWB for most of the tournament. I've got nothing against TAA at all. He's without doubt the best set piece taker we have and crosser.

Southgate picked the right team tonight though and any fantasies TAA would've made a difference are laughable.
Yes I don’t think TAA would have made any difference offensively while Kane was on the pitch.
But once Watkins was on we needed to push on.

The right team for me Kane would be on the bench Toney starting and Watkins joining him if we went behind.

GS set up to stop Spain not attack them.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Your post isnt just a personal attack it is contadictory too.

Mainoo and Rice were playing in a midfield 2, southgate took Mainoo off and changed the formation. He couldve done the exact same but take Rice off.

Mainoo was better than Rice tonight.
Why is it personal? Mainoo was poor tonight and I can’t believe any one who watched all 90 minutes would say otherwise!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
He’s the next best if we play 5 at the back, but he wouldn’t be my choice in a back 4.

And that’s the mindset that needs to change

The two best club teams over the last 6 years or so use the full backs to attack , they trust the Cb’s with the support of one sitting to cover the full backs -there is no rigid back 4 or 5 etc

It’s allways fluid - England need a manager to get that mindset into the England team - the players are there

4LEX

Visit site
TAA’s failing is also Walker’s failing in this tournament. Allowing players to get behind him. The difference is Walker chases back, but is finding that harder now, TAA sometimes doesn’t bother chasing back. If TAA sort that out it will be one of the first on the team sheet.

Very True. TAA cost Liverpool because he became lazy and Klopp lost trust in him. He's made his money, won all his trophies and has lost that edge. He's finished when it comes to world class level football.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Why is it personal? Mainoo was poor tonight and I can’t believe any one who watched all 90 minutes would say otherwise!
So you agree Rice was poor tonight but decided to pull my post apart.

"I take it you didnt watch the match tonight" sorry i didnt know i had to just nod and agree with you. Blert.

PaulMdj

Visit site
And that’s the mindset that needs to change

The two best club teams over the last 6 years or so use the full backs to attack , they trust the Cb’s with the support of one sitting to cover the full backs -there is no rigid back 4 or 5 etc

It’s allways fluid - England need a manager to get that mindset into the England team - the players are there
Because we don’t currently have those English CB’s LPool & City have more better technical and non-English players in that role.

PaulMdj

Visit site
So you agree Rice was poor tonight but decided to pull my post apart.

"I take it you didnt watch the match tonight" sorry i didnt know i had to just nod and agree with you. Blert.
Your first post tonight was that you were bored and admitting you don’t know much about football!
Suddenly you’re an expert and I’m the blert.😂😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes it sounds like TAA has cost us the tournament.

He started one game.
Just deflecting the piss poor tactics of the manager!

Personally the failed experiment that is Bellingham in anything other than the number 8 role has cost us a lot

Him and rice looked solid together in that role

Foden would take the 10

Palmer could play from the start in 11

Kane would then have 3 runners off him if he did still start

This Bellingham in the 10 rubbish needs to end. Works for Madrid because it's real Madrid!