The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We aren't there in spite of him. It's now where west ham fans like @Fade and Die have been for a while. Success but without style. Can't stand watching it

England look awful but since Southgate arrived we have one of the best records in tournaments

If he wins Sunday he will be the best England manager ever. There is no arguing with that. Just the style doesn't suit most

A change will prob happen, but at least with Southgate you know you will get far, grind those results out
Think the World Cup trumps the Euros!

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’m guessing you know the difference between a goal coming after a handball from an attacker two a ball hitting a defenders hand 🤷‍♂️
I know you’re not an England supporter, but thought for balance it would be good to see both teams have rode their luck on the way to the final.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I know you’re not an England supporter, but thought for balance it would be good to see both teams have rode their luck on the way to the final.
All teams have decisions go their way - the discussion on here appears currently to be about the match last night and England

The Cucarella handball is always very subjective when it comes to hand by their side and it’s rare to see it given when the arm is by the side
Hit his body first so not handball now.
Handball rules a mess.

For the Kane penalty I have seen players sent off for tackles like that in the PL

Shows how poor some refs are ???
The female Yank defo not
VAR deffo yes both can’t be right under the rules!

Hitting the body appears to only count when it’s a defender- but on the video the ball appears to hit Saka right hand first then the body then the left hand

And I can’t recall many being sent off for what Dumfries did - do recall Doku studs into a shoulder in the area though

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All teams have decisions go their way - the discussion on here appears currently to be about the match last night and England

The Cucarella handball is always very subjective when it comes to hand by their side and it’s rare to see it given when the arm is by the side

Hitting the body appears to only count when it’s a defender- but on the video the ball appears to hit Saka right hand first then the body then the left hand

And I can’t recall many being sent off for what Dumfries did - do recall Doku studs into a shoulder in the area though
Isn’t it only the goalscorer who can’t handball it ?

Just reading that sounds wrong.!

PaulMdj

Visit site

Spain were also involved in a VAR decision for their equaliser against Georgia when Morata was standing in an offside position.

Highlighting VAR decisions from last night or the last 2 weeks in the same comp is simply showing that even the teams playing the best football or not need to be lucky at times.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some explanations

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Spain were also involved in a VAR decision for their equaliser against Georgia when Morata was standing in an offside position.

Highlighting VAR decisions from last night or the last 2 weeks in the same comp is simply showing that even the teams playing the best football or not need to be lucky at times.

🤷‍♂️ yes every team has a bit of luck at times

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
But what else was achieved by sir Alf? The rest of his record compared? That's why Southgate will go down more successful if we win.

What else will Southgate have won 🤷‍♂️

Ramsey also won as a club manager

And took the England team to the latter stages of other championships

Southgate won’t be above Ramsey if he wins the Euros