The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How’s about sticking ALL negative thoughts and views into a box called For After..just enjoy the fact that England are in the Final and simply have faith that Southgate knows what he is doing - that the players trust in him and know what they have to do.

Just a thought from a bystander…😘
Not gonna happen, we are all ( English that is) chuffed that we are in the final. But watching England is like watching the Ryder cup when the captains picks are playing and Rory and Rahm are on the bench.

That aside, koeman is not getting any sympathy re VAR and the penalty. His actions of 30 years ago where he should have been sent off and subsequently scored the winner have been quoted.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Koemans assesment of the second half summed up Southgates lack of managerial skills. He said “ we dropped an extra player into midfield at half time to keep Foden quiet”. How did Southgate respond to that change. He didn’t. We saw how the second half went. He never looked to change what we did. His substitutions were like for like change, a left back for a left back/right back. A forward for a forward, a right winger for a right winger. He got right what half of this forum was saying 20 minutes earlier which came after a couple of Holland scares. Those Holland scares could of been goals.
Tash, I know you don’t like Southgate, I know you followed City home & away for many years, but you really do surprise me with your lack of football knowledge at times! Saying Koeman summed up Southgates lack of managerisl skills is beyond me!

This is the 4th game in a row we’ve won from conceding the first goal, Koeman said we were the better team in the 1st half and he had to change it, Southgate brought Shaw on to balance the left.

Holland up their game and came at us, do you really expect Southgate to knee jerk to every decision an opposition manager takes? Maybe he believed in Foden’s ability to step up.

Even Koeman said in the same interview he thought the 2nd half was 50/50.

We all want Southgate out, but give the man some respect, he’s done what no other England manager has managed to do, we are once again 1 win away from a trophy.

I take it Pep or any other manager you rate has never lost a game and got every decision correct.

PaulMdj

Visit site
England’s best performance for a few years for me, great 1st half, average 2nd half.

Once again it was against a team who were “better” than us, 3rd game in a row we’ve heard that.

Consistently criticising certain players is unfair, nobody had a bad game last night, some where better than others, Kane played well, never really put a foot wrong imo, done his normal stuff, occupied the defence, pulled thrm around and was involved in all our best moves. He isn’t getting dropped and he will start the final.

Time to accept that Southgate and his players have once again proved us wrong and I and others owe them an apology for this tournament.

Absolutely can’t wait for sunday night, twice in 4 years they’ve got us to a Major Final after decades of despair.

Al talk of Southgate’s future should be dropped until after the Final.

Cheers Gareth.👏👏👏👏👏

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s reported that Columbian fans were attacking people in the area where his family were. Should he stand and watch?

Well done Mr Hindsight 🤣
If that’s the case then yes of course he should defend them, BBC website said he ran into the crowd and started attacking Colombian fans, no mention of his family.
Unfortunately I’m not a Twitter slut so I don’t get to see all these other videos 🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tash, I know you don’t like Southgate, I know you followed City home & away for many years, but you really do surprise me with your lack of football knowledge at times! Saying Koeman summed up Southgates lack of managerisl skills is beyond me!

This is the 4th game in a row we’ve won from conceding the first goal, Koeman said we were the better team in the 1st half and he had to change it, Southgate brought Shaw on to balance the left.

Holland up their game and came at us, do you really expect Southgate to knee jerk to every decision an opposition manager takes? Maybe he believed in Foden’s ability to step up.

Even Koeman said in the same interview he thought the 2nd half was 50/50.

We all want Southgate out, but give the man some respect, he’s done what no other England manager has managed to do, we are once again 1 win away from a trophy.

I take it Pep or any other manager you rate has never lost a game and got every decision correct.
Nope pep has made bad team selection choices and maybe it’s my ability and his/Peps re seeing that helps me see Southgate’s lack of managerial skills. I am saying the day after what half of the forum was saying last night during the game. If Holland had a Watkins we might be having a different conversation this morning. Spain do have There Watkins and others.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Nope pep has made bad team selection choices and maybe it’s my ability and his/Peps re seeing that helps me see Southgate’s lack of managerial skills. I am saying the day after what half of the forum was saying last night during the game. If Holland had a Watkins we might be having a different conversation this morning. Spain do have There Watkins and others.
Once again, if, buts and maybe’s!

We won 2-1…

I’m sure us getting beat would of made you happy just so we could all say “I told you so” or we can hold our hands up and give him some credit.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
As for England

Impressive first half

Foden and Walker the stand outs

Shocking penalty but they were creating the chances

Bellingham seemed a bit more withdrawn but that allowed Foden to come into his own and he was the one creating

Kane - there were balls into the box and he was nowhere near , when he was that’s when he had the shot that led to the penalty

Holland had a few dangerous breaks where midfield runners were causing issues ( Rice was very poor ) but Walkers covering was excellent

Second half - was a bit more even , Holland looked at times the more likely to score and mainly from set pieces

Southgate made the changes that won him the game - Palmer getting into the same areas that Foden did and Watkins was doing what a lone forward shoold - get high and be an outlet in the box

They are in the final and will now face a team that’s significantly above the standard they have faced so far - England will need to step up their play a lot

Spain will control the midfield and will go at them with pace and width

Southgate won’t make changes but he should

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
England’s best performance for a few years for me, great 1st half, average 2nd half.

Once again it was against a team who were “better” than us, 3rd game in a row we’ve heard that.

Consistently criticising certain players is unfair, nobody had a bad game last night, some where better than others, Kane played well, never really put a foot wrong imo, done his normal stuff, occupied the defence, pulled thrm around and was involved in all our best moves. He isn’t getting dropped and he will start the final.

Time to accept that Southgate and his players have once again proved us wrong and I and others owe them an apology for this tournament.

Absolutely can’t wait for sunday night, twice in 4 years they’ve got us to a Major Final after decades of despair.

Al talk of Southgate’s future should be dropped until after the Final.

Cheers Gareth.👏👏👏👏👏
This is much more like it - c’mon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 👍

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Koemans assesment of the second half summed up Southgates lack of managerial skills. He said “ we dropped an extra player into midfield at half time to keep Foden quiet”. How did Southgate respond to that change. He didn’t. We saw how the second half went. He never looked to change what we did. His substitutions were like for like change, a left back for a left back/right back. A forward for a forward, a right winger for a right winger. He got right what half of this forum was saying 20 minutes earlier which came after a couple of Holland scares. Those Holland scares could of been goals.
In the whole history of the European Championships, England have won 17 Knockout games, 7 of those were under Southgate.

And as for "He didn't" watch this from 22 minutes and you may change your mind.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not gonna happen, we are all ( English that is) chuffed that we are in the final. But watching England is like watching the Ryder cup when the captains picks are playing and Rory and Rahm are on the bench.

That aside, koeman is not getting any sympathy re VAR and the penalty. His actions of 30 years ago where he should have been sent off and subsequently scored the winner have been quoted.
That wasn’t Koemans fault !
It shows refs were crap then as well.😉