The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Joking aside, there were 3 or four times during this game he was not in our around the six yard box when balls went in the box. Shots from outside the box and a penalty from a bouncing ball.
I can understand one bad game in a tournament, but he has had a bad tournament and you cannot carry anyone in a final. I mentioned to Missis T that Foden and Bellingham were putting the yards in for Kane.
Why would you drop the tournaments leading goal scorer?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the feeling that with the English players celebrating in the changing rooms now the Dutch team might get close to getting someone to try and pass the ball into the box soon.

Honestly, I don’t think they had a way to deal with the pressing. It looked better for them from the 85th minute onwards, but not having a grip on the game for so long will often be punished. England got nearly all of the lose balls and that pays off at the end.

RichA

Visit site
Listened to the first 75 minutes on the radio in the car, so I've only just seen the penalty decision. I don't understand how anybody isn't seeing that as a foul. I'm normally massively skeptical when it comes to penalties - especially when Kane's involved, but that's an easy one to me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Listened to the first 75 minutes on the radio in the car, so I've only just seen the penalty decision. I don't understand how anybody isn't seeing that as a foul. I'm normally massively skeptical when it comes to penalties - especially when Kane's involved, but that's an easy one to me.

Because it wasn't a foul.
In fact, if you watch it again, if a foul was given it would be against Kane.

PaulMdj

Visit site
The only question on who’ll start on sunday is Trippier or Shaw, the other 10 will be as the line-up today.

If we are honest there should of been anywhere between 4-6 changes throughout the tournament.

Went for England before the tournament, sticking with it, but how we’ve got there is completely beyond me!😂😂

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The only question on who’ll start on sunday is Trippier or Shaw, the other 10 will be as the line-up today.

If we are honest there should of been anywhere between 4-6 changes throughout the tournament.

Went for England before the tournament, sticking with it, but how we’ve got there is completely beyond me!😂😂

Shaw has to start. I know I said that after the last game, but with 45 minutes in his legs and as our only left back, he simply has to.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's currently the joint golden boot holder. 🙂

Shows how rubbish this euros has been.

He said he wanted to win things, blokes never scored in the finals he has play in. If you want to be that winner turn up.

He's been truly dreadful this time round. We look so much better without him on the pitch

He has become our Ronaldo. Where we feel we have to play him because of who he is rather than play what's best for the team

Watkins please

D

Deleted member 29109

On here we’re not allowed to be, or see things positively for England. Especially if some of the more ‘knowledgable’ on here think one way, we must follow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I criticised Southgate in the groups (along with everyone else) but to give him some credit, I think the change of formation has worked well. The key thing it's done is to split Foden and Bellingham up. When Foden was on the left drifting inside, Bellingham in the middle drifting left, they were practically bumping into each other. In the new system they're operating more on half the pitch each which gives them each a bit of space. And Foden often looks more dangerous cutting in off the right. It also means when Kane drops deeper he is more in-between them rather than everyone in the same spot. Saka is a great worker so moving to wing back hasn't phased him or nullified his attacking input at all. It was only a subtle change of shape but it had a big impact on the fluidity.