The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No apologies for not reading the last X number of pages re the England game but quite frankly that was shocking. I honestly don’t know where to start. At one point the commentator said putting him there balances the team. And there in after four games still lies the problem. We are an elephant stood on one leg waiting to fall over. The goal came not from Southgates brilliance as a manager but a last gasp piece of individual brilliance that would not of happened if Slovakia had not spent time well time wasting.
A soon as we went 2-1 up. What did Southgate do, put on two subs and sat back. It defies belief.
As much as I want England to win, I fear we could be on the end of a good hiding.
Pure purgatory.
Rabbit... need to get on to something decent.😜😜

Attachments

• 20240630_210610_compress90.jpg
    20240630_210610_compress90.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 9

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely you’re not claiming to be neutral 😳
Strangely enough I am........games like that I generally decide to support the team that are not made up of hoofers, cheaters and hackers for the ones that try to play decent honest stuff.

My goodness how on earth do you English guys put up with your TV commentators they are total plumbs.
Five minutes after calling the team and manager absolute morons they suddenly turn into a team of world champions :rolleyes::love:

Swango1980

Visit site
Strangely enough I am........games like that I generally decide to support the team that are not made up of hoofers, cheaters and hackers for the ones that try to play decent honest stuff.

My goodness how on earth do you English guys put up with your TV commentators they are total plumbs.
Five minutes after calling the team and manager absolute morons they suddenly turn into a team of world champions :rolleyes::love:
Which pundits? The ones on ITV didn't seem to get carried away. For example, Gary Neville says woeful England need to make dramatic changes to progress beyond the quarter finals

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The Times was delivered quite early this morning.

I've just read that we finished top of our group and won the first knockout game with two great goals and face Switzerland in the quarter finals.

Its all going rather well then?

Three more games and Southgate gets a Knighthood?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The Times was delivered quite early this morning.

I've just read that we finished top of our group and won the first knockout game with two great goals and face Switzerland in the quarter finals.

Its all going rather well then?

Three more games and Southgate gets a Knighthood?

And another contract?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The delusion listening to Engerland fans this morning on the radio is beyond amusing 😂😂 all the cliches

“It’s tournament football”

The best teams know how to win when playing poor

Slovakia have been disrespected and they are up with the European big guns

Premier league has tired the players out

And the of course the obligatory “it’s coming home”

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
They were a well drilled team playing against an assorted group of individuals.
Their calm defense was a joy to watch.
I think this is a pattern around all/most 'smaller' nations in tis tournament.

Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, ... very compact hard to penetrate with extremely dangerous counter attack.
I think a few premiership, La Lila, Bundesliga teams could learn from it.
But it might make a difference to do this for 3 to 7 games versus doing it twice a week for a whole season.

crdb

Visit site
Has Palmer earned his spot yet? For me, yes! Got to say aswell, Mainoo starting was a very good choice, brought the team to life from the start, just a shame about the sloppy goal we conceded

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not a lip-reader but pretty sure Bellingham shouted "who else" after scoring. Confidence is one thing but it falls over into arrogance with him. He's brilliant but not so much a team player as he throws his arms up continually like a petulant child if the ball didn't come to him. Lee Dixon can talk rubbish but mentioned it and that instead of that reaction you put your head down and go again...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a lip-reader but pretty sure Bellingham shouted "who else" after scoring. Confidence is one thing but it falls over into arrogance with him. He's brilliant but not so much a team player as he throws his arms up continually like a petulant child if the ball didn't come to him. Lee Dixon can talk rubbish but mentioned it and that instead of that reaction you put your head down and go again...
All the best players in the world have that arrogance. Part of what makes them that good. It does jar a little when you've watched him labour through 90 minutes and finally turn up in the 94th though.