The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Perfectly put. I don’t feel elated. I feel sorry for Slovakia. England are awful, no escaping it.

We're done in this tournament.

It'll be the same old sound bites from him how we stuck to the plan, deserved it, controlled possession, you need a bit of luck, we saw it out well blah blah blah.

PaulMdj

Visit site
In that what 35 mins he was on the field Toney got an assist. Held the ball up. Was actually in the box when needed. A strikers performance

We fall in the trap of playing the best players not the best team

Kane has been pretty awful this tournament and foden has aswell. His final ball (foden) tonight was awful
Any substitute that comes on in a performance like that will stand out, he knew he only had to run about for 35 mins, not 90 or possibly 120.

He’s good, as is Watkins, but neither are Harry Kane, crap performance, just like 10 others, but he’s still our best striker.

What I would like to see, was Watkins or Toney up front with Kane, playing 5-3-2

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any substitute that comes on in a performance like that will stand out, he knew he only had to run about for 35 mins, not 90 or possibly 120.

He’s good, as is Watkins, but neither are Harry Kane, crap performance, just like 10 others, but he’s still our best striker.

What I would like to see, was Watkins or Toney up front with Kane, playing 5-3-2

The last bit yes 100%

However we will play 1 Striker , kane can play like Toney did that's what's frustrating, just don't drop back all the time.

Foden however, has been terrible, his delivery is so off, that disallowed goal a player of his ability should stay onside. Palmer needs to start over him.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Let’s hope trippier is out .. I don’t believe he leaves a hole.. Saka not sure I would keep the left back thing. Gomez okay pop in Konsa is in ..

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lucky escape there gang, not sure what GS plan was but lucky enough goal (good finish in fairness) covering over the cracks..
Very hard to watch england play . Such attacking individual talent but poor team cohesion
Luke shaw decision a head scratcher shoudla brought Brainthwaite imo ..

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No apologies for not reading the last X number of pages re the England game but quite frankly that was shocking. I honestly don’t know where to start. At one point the commentator said putting him there balances the team. And there in after four games still lies the problem. We are an elephant stood on one leg waiting to fall over. The goal came not from Southgates brilliance as a manager but a last gasp piece of individual brilliance that would not of happened if Slovakia had not spent time well time wasting.
A soon as we went 2-1 up. What did Southgate do, put on two subs and sat back. It defies belief.
As much as I want England to win, I fear we could be on the end of a good hiding.
Pure purgatory.