The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm conflicted and actually a bit sad. As long as I can remember I've loyally and passionately supported England. As an adult and senior manager I had World Cup wallcharts on the office wall. I travelled to support them in the 1988 Euros. Been to Wembley countless times. Spent a fortune. Yet we scored, twice, and nothing really. We don't deserve it and can't bear for such a woeful manager to be in the job any longer. He's killed it for me.
Not sure that it's fair to say that.... him having got us there. Football is always going to be a 'messy' at times. He's till going to be remembered as one of the most successful managers ever!!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
No. Slovakia are a poor team, Switzerland are not. Switzerland will win comfortably unless we do something very different. No sign of that happening so far.

I totally agree. The Swiss are a far better side than anything we’ve faced to date. Play like that and we’ll get rinsed.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I’m still not sure how such a bunch of talent players can play so badly

And then Kane coming out with inane drivel afterwards

Slovakia arent great

Any half decent team would have had that game done

finding a way to win in KO football is key no doubt but they need to make a lot of changes for the next match

Anyone else in their half of the draw will get the job done against England

And please turn off that 🤬 song

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
Can’t believe all the negativity on this thread, Gareth knows what he’s doing, 6 days rest, will absolutely win the next game.

Time for my meds.😬

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just two things to remember from tonight - CLOUGHIE.. Only takes a second to score a goal ROY K .... Nothing more satisfying than to play badly & win a game!! That's footie

4LEX

Visit site
I can't honestly believe what I've just witnessed.

That was without doubt the worst and scabbiest performance I've ever seen from England and possibly the worst display of management. That was Roy Hodgson bad.

Everything was wrong on all levels and we're actually getting worse as we go on. Slow, stagnant, tedious football, wrong selections, laughable in game management - you name it, that was it.

The only reason we're in the next round is sheer luck and individual quality.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't honestly believe what I've just witnessed.

That was without doubt the worst and scabbiest performance I've ever seen from England and possibly the worst display of management. That was Roy Hodgson bad.

Everything was wrong on all levels and we're actually getting worse as we go on. Slow, stagnan, tedious football, wrong selections, laughable in game management - you name it, that was it.

The only reason we're in the next round is sheer luck and individual quality.
But then footie has always about that... how we won the World cup in '66. Just how do not play Greavesy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

In that what 35 mins he was on the field Toney got an assist. Held the ball up. Was actually in the box when needed. A strikers performance

We fall in the trap of playing the best players not the best team

Kane has been pretty awful this tournament and foden has aswell. His final ball (foden) tonight was awful

PaulMdj

Visit site
Just sitting here watching Spain but thinking about the England match.

The previous bad 3 games had at least 1 positive I could find or a decent performance from one of the players.

I can’t find anything from that match apart from the result.

Nobody stood out, defence had their worst game, midfield and forward, same as.

Totally baffled.

The Swiss will obviously see us as beatable and the only thing I can think of to give us an edge, is them underestimating us.

Surely, some of our players will turn up.🤷‍♂️