The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Weird if there’s any truth LPool were offered Gordon as part of a deal for Quansah, definitely doesn’t send out the right message.
Especially with the player out in Germany!!

I reckon theres a lot of press speculation going on....if you throw enough spaghetti at the wall eventually some of it will stick.

4LEX

Visit site
So it looks like our route to the final will be;

Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria/Holland

I'm sure we'll struggle and make it hard for ourselves but if we don't reach the final it would be a disaster. That is as easy as it gets in a major tournament, especially the Euros which is pound for pound the highest quality international tournament by miles.

The luck Southgate gets is unbelievable! Time to take advantage 💪

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria/Holland

I'm sure we'll struggle and make it hard for ourselves but if we don't reach the final it would be a disaster. That is as easy as it gets in a major tournament, especially the Euros which is pound for pound the highest quality international tournament by miles.

The only one of those I'd be confident of beating are the Netherlands....don't be surprised if they dont make the Semi-Final.

4LEX

Visit site
Some right hogwash being spouted

Last week, England had a simple draw. But, on paper, were facing the holders next, if they got through.

Is that game easier now it's Switzerland?😁

Italy were crap back in 2021 and have been ever since. We bottled it. They failed to make to the World Cup and have been crap in this tournament. We also beat them home and away in qualifying.

I'd rather face the Swiss as they are a more open team. I think Italy in a big game like a knock out, would've done a job on us.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria/Holland

I’m not going to lie. Slovakia aside, I don’t fancy England to beat any of those sides the way we’re currently playing. There needs to be a huge turnaround.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
mmm...part of me wants Newcastle to stay out of it all and take a few points deduction (assuming we are potentially in breach of PSR as the press are speculating), rather than let any of our better players and emerging young talent go.

Sadly it looks like Yankuba Minteh might be off to Brighton for £33m. That's a £26m profit for a player who has never pulled on a black and white shirt....and if that is what it takes to keep the sharks from circling the likes of Isak, Guimares and Gordon then so be it.

Sad really as he has looked exceptional in the Eredivisie and was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us down the right hand side. But as we all know, the PL is a different kettle of fish compared to the Dutch league and there is no guarantee that he would be a success over here. On the upside for the player (if he does indeed go, as looks likely) Brighton should be the sort of attacking, expressive, creative environment that he may well be able to flourish in.