• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We've got the leading scorer in Germany and Europe
We've got the La Liga POTY
We've got the Premier League POTY

And we're playing football without any sort of attacking plan and managed 2 goals in 3 games against some really average sides o_O
And some are talking of a back five and Saka At left back. 😳

If the “Carry on” films were still running the football one would be called Carry on Golden Waistcoat. Trouble is GS would literally take that as Carry on.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Kane has been very poor so far but is it fair to single him out? Just about the whole team have been poor with the exception of Guehi.

Kane has never had any pace it’s the way he’s played his whole career.

Looking at the players that have played in the first 3 games a case could be made of dropping Bellingham, TAA, Rice, Foden, Gallagher, Trippier
Actually a very good post and to go through them player by player.
Kane, dropping to deep when a world class manager would be telling him to play the line.
Bellingham, a world class manager would have him drop deeper for Foden.
TAA, A world class manager would not have him at right back or midfield in a starting 11.
Rice, he has struggled not having a settled player alongside him, he has had three different players at the side of him, all different .
Foden, a world class manager would not have him in that position wide left.
Gallagher, a world class manager would have given him more pre tournament game time in that position.
Trippier, square peg round hole.
All of the problems created lead to one person. He once wore a waistcoat. 🤬

4LEX

Visit site
And some are talking of a back five and Saka At left back. 😳

If the “Carry on” films were still running the football one would be called Carry on Golden Waistcoat. Trouble is GS would literally take that as Carry on.

Mate it's madness isn't it?

The team has outgrown Southgate and there's no shame in that. He knew it a while back but took the £5m a year to carry on. He should've held his hands up and admitted he wasn't upto the job of coaching this generation and stepped aside. He would've got a great club job, most likely Man Utd but he's now destroying his reputation with every game and interview.

We're nearly halfway into a major tournament where only one team has looked top class (Spain) and we're scratching around to play more negative formations and players out of position.

The amazing thing is due to the luck of the draw, I can still see us making it to the final. At some point individual quality has to kick in or common sense from Southgate.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's getting feisty in the Czech v turkey game. Bold reffing, a goal has been given where many a ref would side with the keeper. Rightly, imo, they allowed a Czech goal to stand.

Lots of cards being dished out, the players are niggling away at each other. Tough game for the ref.

4LEX

Visit site
I said it before but Southgate is the luckiest manager going. Due to the Georgia result, it means we're going to play Slovakia instead of Holland 😅

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I said it before but Southgate is the luckiest manager going. Due to the Georgia result, it means we're going to play Slovakia instead of Holland 😅

Yep, instead of losing 2-0 or 3-0 to Netherlands we're now going to draw 0-0 with Slovakia and then either scrape through or go out on penalties.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It's getting feisty in the Czech v turkey game. Bold reffing, a goal has been given where many a ref would side with the keeper. Rightly, imo, they allowed a Czech goal to stand.

Lots of cards being dished out, the players are niggling away at each other. Tough game for the ref.
18 yellows by my count (incl 2 resulting in a red) plus a direct red....and thats just the players...at least a couple dished out to backroom staff!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
18 yellows by my count (incl 2 resulting in a red) plus a direct red....and thats just the players...at least a couple dished out to backroom staff!!!
I'm not sure the ref had enough space on his card to fit all of the names on 😳.

Must be a record for cards dished out to players not even on the pitch.

He went a bit trigger happy at the end but the players really didn't help themselves.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure the ref had enough space on his card to fit all of the names on 😳.

Must be a record for cards dished out to players not even on the pitch.

He went a bit trigger happy at the end but the players really didn't help themselves.
yes....some emotions overflowing at the end....think 6 of the cards were given after the 90th minute

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Facebook memory page at this time of year is pretty typical of this - but thought I'd share (when will I learn)?!

I'm done. Another 90 minutes of my life wasted. IF we qualify for 2014 I must remember this feeling and do something worthwhile whilst England "play" football...
An idea. Let's look to South Africa and Ireland for our next crop of footballing talent as it sure as hell seems to work for the cricket team. They show more pride than most Englishmen wearing 3 lions displayed over the past month.
What a load of crap England...those first 45 minutes against Russia are a distant memory. Not good enough by such a long way it beggars belief.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Facebook memory page at this time of year is pretty typical of this - but thought I'd share (when will I learn)?!

I'm done. Another 90 minutes of my life wasted. IF we qualify for 2014 I must remember this feeling and do something worthwhile whilst England "play" football...
An idea. Let's look to South Africa and Ireland for our next crop of footballing talent as it sure as hell seems to work for the cricket team. They show more pride than most Englishmen wearing 3 lions displayed over the past month.
What a load of crap England...those first 45 minutes against Russia are a distant memory. Not good enough by such a long way it beggars belief.

Yes I have similar Facebook posts plus some celebrating Germany losing and Argentina losing as well.. I don’t like Italy either despite have Italian friends

Tashyboy

Visit site
The way the draw has opened up on Englands half, it will be classed as a successful tournament when Southgate reaches the semis again. Bottom line it has been a purgatory tournament again.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kane has been very poor so far but is it fair to single him out? Just about the whole team have been poor with the exception of Guehi.

Kane has never had any pace it’s the way he’s played his whole career.

Looking at the players that have played in the first 3 games a case could be made of dropping Bellingham, TAA, Rice, Foden, Gallagher, Trippier
I think we cannot dump the team wholesale, we need to be selective and I really don’t see Kane as suitable. I don’t like picking players because you always have .. Watkins and Toney need to start and be energetic.. pull defenders with them etc.
Trippier I would drop as well, or rest and I would seek to play possibly a back 4 that is not running backs … because that’s what the squad has to offer. You cannot at this level play a style/system without players who do it regularly. I think that’s been proven - we don’t follow the Ajax “total football “ philosophy in England