The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is a very good read and endorses what I said about England and Southgate not having a plan.

I watched that last night Rooney thought one of the problems is we dont have enough experience in the side and thought Southgate should have took Henderson.

You don’t have to be a pundit to see the problems that England have , if Southgate had a quick scroll through the forum he would soon know 😉

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I wonder if some of the teams have gone in with a “make sure we don’t lose the second games” mentality/approach and it’s resulted in poorer game

Note to self. For this very reason, the next time I am asked to part with my hard earned and take part in a Euros or World Cup Super 6, refuse. Keep the wallet zipped.

Tournament football is almost as difficult to predict as Mrs BB’s mood when she rouses from her nightly slumber.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I watched that last night Rooney thought one of the problems is we dont have enough experience in the side and thought Southgate should have took Henderson.

You don’t have to be a pundit to see the problems that England have , if Southgate had a quick scroll through the forum he would soon know 😉
With all the golfers in the squad, am gobsmacked none of them Have pointed him in this direction. Maybe he has lost the dressing room. 😳🫣😂

Swango1980

Visit site
Note to self. For this very reason, the next time I am asked to part with my hard earned and take part in a Euros or World Cup Super 6, refuse. Keep the wallet zipped.

Tournament football is almost as difficult to predict as Mrs BB’s mood when she rouses from her nightly slumber.
I stick little 2 to 3 game accumulators, £2 stake, on the underdog of each tie. Often on the 2 or 3 games daily. If you win, often get well over £100. Not won anything at this one yet to be fair, though had Austria beat France, and Austria looked decent, in final game of one of my accumulators, I'd have won almost £250.

At Qatar World Cup, I won over £100 twice, and a couple over £50 as well I think.

Small stakes like that, I think it is worth it. I think people think a bit too highly of the top nations sometimes, and a lot of the lesser known can have excellent players, and well coached can almost look the better side at times.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Seems a bit harsh for Turkey to be 2 down in this , played well

Ronaldo playing on the last man and has good movement but looks way off the pace these days - been a few balls across the box that another forward would be getting onto - guess it shows how bad the Saudi league is if he stands out in it

Again poor from Turkey - Portugal not even out of 2nd gear here

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're the manager you are cruising 3-0 with 15 minutes to go , do you sub your best player off to insure he doesn't get injured in the remaining time.
I would have had Ronaldo off with twenty to go ,what about you .

Pin-seeker

Visit site
5 minutes into the Belgium Romania game and more attacking intent and prowess than we've shown in 180+ minutes...

At the very least we have to up the intensity.
it’s so frustrating,are they scared of making a mistake?
It’s SO bad watching us.
How can Foden,Bellingham,saka,Kane,Rice….
All just turn into championship players when they put on an England shirt? 🤯