The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
They have just showed on the tv the keepers wrong footed and just can’t get to that.

He does what every keeper does in this situation ,arm goes up for offside they do it automatically now.
They also said they could see why it was disallowed and it was a subjective decision.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I said I thought it was a goal, just trying to understand why they disallowed it.

Some are saying it took too long to make a decision and others wanted the Ref to go to the monitor, which would have took longer.🤷‍♂️
Think he had plenty of time to go look.

Taylor must be asking himself “ why is this taking so long”
But we’re talking Stuart Atwell here

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They also said they could see why it was disallowed and it was a subjective decision.
The replay from the broadcast during the game showed a VAR decision as Offside, so the player who inteferred with the keeper was in an Offside position.
Can’t really be both

The offside rule is as bad as the handball rule now.
In the box your off imo.

4LEX

Visit site
If Shaw is unfit, then Gordon offers nothing defensively imo and is pretty much one dimensional.

Would you play Gordon with Trippier?

You seem a bit anti Gordon, is that based on him leaving Everton and doing well at Newcastle? Serious question?

I just like to see width as it creates space in the middle which we can take advantage of.

I'd be more inclined to play Gordon with Trippier to be honest.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You seem a bit anti Gordon, is that based on him leaving Everton and doing well at Newcastle? Serious question?

I just like to see width as it creates space in the middle which we can take advantage of.

I agree Gordon on the left.
But that means Foden is out.
Foden is a far better player than Gordon but dosnt fit the current system.
Same as Kane .
But do we sacrifice our best players to make the system work or play a system that suits our best players ?
I can’t belive I’m asking this two games into the tournament!

PaulMdj

Visit site

Not anti Gordon at all tbh, excellent going forward and if we can keep him wide and supply the ball then great.

I just don’t see how England are currently playing were he fits in, obviously saw more of him at Everton, but living up here in the NE I’ve seen quite a bit as well, he’s not the most reliable tracking back and helping defensively.

I’d be inclined to bring him on when you are 2 up and looking to score more.

Seeing how Southgate has brought Eze on, I also think he’s behind him in the pecking order.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not anti Gordon at all tbh, excellent going forward and if we can keep him wide and supply the ball then great.

I just don’t see how England are currently playing were he fits in, obviously saw more of him at Everton, but living up here in the NE I’ve seen quite a bit as well, he’s not the most reliable tracking back and helping defensively.

I’d be inclined to bring him on when you are 2 up and looking to score more.

Seeing how Southgate has brought Eze on, I also think he’s behind him in the pecking order.
If he has to wait until we’re two up he might as well come home now😳😂

PaulMdj

Visit site
It’s bad for the striker that’s scored a great goal but a lazy winger is offside on the wing 30 yards away.

Good for the defenders as you know where you stand if he’s off he’s off.
None of this active / inactive crap.

I played under this old system.
You’re talking pre 1970, that’s is over 50 years ago, the game has moved on a lot since then!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It’s bad for the striker that’s scored a great goal but a lazy winger is offside on the wing 30 yards away.

Good for the defenders as you know where you stand if he’s off he’s off.
None of this active / inactive crap.

I played under this old system.
Well that’s on the lazy winger & the striker needs to give him a rocket.
I just think it makes the game simpler.