The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
If that’s not a goal because the keeper could have dived. It’s like saying that’s not a goal coz you could have tackled the scorer but choose not to. I thought it was a shocker. If the keeper had dived and made contact I get it. But he didn’t.
He did appear to be influenced / distracted by the offside player though. Does that make him active?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because if the VAR says the Dutch player interfered with the Keeper, then it’s a straight offside/onside decision and I’ve never seen a Ref check an Offside decision on the monitor.
Why take so long then as he’s clearly in an offside position.
The decision is is he interfering.

PaulMdj

Visit site
If that’s not a goal because the keeper could have dived. It’s like saying that’s not a goal coz you could have tackled the scorer but choose not to. I thought it was a shocker. If the keeper had dived and made contact I get it. But he didn’t.
Like you I’m guessing, but if the Dutch player moved out of the way of the ball then he’s active.🤷‍♂️

If his movement obstructed the keeper, then again he’s active.

I thought it was a goal, just trying to workout why it looks like it was given as Offside.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well let’s be honest he had plenty of time to go and have a look for himself, he’s the ref .
VAR reffing the game as that’s a subjective decision.
It's up to VAR to tell ref he needs to make a subjective decision. If they simply say "offside is correct call", what should Taylor do? Say, "I'm not sure I believe you or my linesman, let me have a look"

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's up to VAR to tell ref he needs to make a subjective decision. If they simply say "offside is correct call", what should Taylor do? Say, "I'm not sure I believe you or my linesman, let me have a look"
Why not as most think it was harsh.
It took so long.
If a goal is dubious just let the onfield ref make the decision.

Swango1980

Visit site
Why not as most think it was harsh.
It took so long.
If a goal is dubious just let the onfield ref make the decision.
Taylor didn't do a poll to gauge what the public thought of the decision.

The linesman gave it offside, so that was their decision. The VAR then checked. Took a long time, but at end they agreed it was offside.

So, who would be telling Taylor it was a dubious call?

PaulMdj

Visit site
I have seen players in offside positions jump up and spread legs so the ball dosnt hit them still given.
I said I thought it was a goal, just trying to understand why they disallowed it.

Some are saying it took too long to make a decision and others wanted the Ref to go to the monitor, which would of took longer.🤷‍♂️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
My opinion is that the goal was correctly disallowed. Striker is stood just a couple of feet to the left of the keeper, the shot goes to the keepers left, the presence of the striker prevents the keeper from making an attempt to get to the ball....the striker is therefore clearly interfering with play.

PaulMdj

Visit site
They have just showed on the tv the keepers wrong footed and just can’t get to that.

He does what every keeper does in this situation ,arm goes up for offside they do it automatically now.
They also said they could see why it was disallowed and it was a subjective decision.