The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
No it isn’t, it’s because he’s not an international class midfielder and shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting lineup. Yet another huge gaffe by Sir GS.
Are people trying to wind up Bayern fans by having a pop at Kane? 🤔
We’re discussing tonights performances in case you missed them.👍🏻

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I’m more confused at why when TAA was replaced England didn’t go on to win the game 🤷‍♂️ - the sooner TAA is away from England the better , he shouldn’t be anywhere near the midfield

The team is full of problems , multiple square pegs in round holes , no shape , no structure

A lot of the issues start with the front 3 and their inability to press , then add in no width on the left , Kane dropping deep , rice and whoever is next to him being 2 extra CB’s , Gallagher coming on and charging around like a headless chicken

Look at their goal - who gave the ball away in the left back spot - Kane , why was he there in the first place , look at the chance for Hjoberg a gift from Walker , how many times did Rice give the ball away

Think Guehi played well but even he had to use his pace to rectify his mistake , Watkins came on and showed what could happen when playing on the shoulder

England have qualified for the next round but a decent team will smash them if they continue to play the tactics they are doing right now

Unfortunately England have got a manager who hasn’t got the guts or the ability to change things

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
And there you go, he took over Brighton when they were a PL Club, never got them promoted, that was Chris Houghton, 3 seasons in charge, 1st season 15th, then 16th, ie backwards, then 9th.

Yes they played good football, but still not a decent record.
Happy to be corrected over the promotion, he had multiple promotions in Sweden and that messed with my memory of his record. I think his record at Brighton was decent when you look at the overall picture. Different opinion 🤷‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Folks, we’re no doubt divided on the good, bad and downright indifference in what we’ve seen this evening, but let’s keep it cordial please.

No cheap shots or point scoring required.

Thanks.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Happy to be corrected over the promotion, he had multiple promotions in Sweden and that messed with my memory of his record. I think his record at Brighton was decent when you look at the overall picture. Different opinion 🤷‍♂️
I just believe he’s a victim of media hype, if you look at English managers and compare them to Potter then Dyche is up there😂😂 he got Burnley to Europe.
That’s how short we are of decent options.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The only very slight defence of England from tonight, is that they were playing on a potato field that had more divots than the practice ground at my club after I've visited it:)
That pitch really was horrendous ,think the commentators said it was because they had to keep the roof closed after it had already rained heavily.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The defence of TAA probably comes from the same people highlighting TAA as they are trying to get the Lpool fans to bite?

Bunkermagnet even proved TAA did more positives than others in the match, but that’s dismissed.

Now we’re on to Klopp posts and the same old posters are jumping on to the like button.
Yet Foden who had the most shots with 4 was taken off. Sometimes stats don’t tell a full story.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just believe he’s a victim of media hype, if you look at English managers and compare them to Potter then Dyche is up there😂😂 he got Burnley to Europe.
That’s how short we are of decent options.
It's an interesting comparison and one that Allardyce often made about himself. Dyche is a pragmatic manager but his teams don't tend to produce beautiful football. Potter's team, well Brighton on the basis that I didn't see his previous clubs, did play attractive, possession based football. When you watch international football I think Potter's style would suit. Anyway, Sean is busy right now 😄

The separate argument is, do we need to stay with an English manager? Personally I prefer it.

PaulMdj

Visit site
It's an interesting comparison and one that Allardyce often made about himself. Dyche is a pragmatic manager but his teams don't tend to produce beautiful football. Potter's team, well Brighton on the basis that I didn't see his previous clubs, did play attractive, possession based football. When you watch international football I think Potter's style would suit. Anyway, Sean is busy right now 😄

The separate argument is, do we need to stay with an English manager? Personally I prefer it.
Best man for the job, regardless of nationality.

I believe the suits in the FA are the major problem, they look at Southgate as a success!

Anyway, it’s all Allardyce’s fault.😬