The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
The ball isn’t going to the wide players because they aren’t there especially on the left - no one is stretching them to enable someone to ping balls into them

Gordon stretches the team , drags the full back out wide to create the space that the likes of Bellingham or Foden can move into
We are that deep Gordon or anyone out left will be dragged back! Eze came on, nothing went left, it went right to Bowen.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Come on Tash, it’s been England’s problem for years, way before Southgate, we hype up these players then blame the manager, remember the “Golden Generation” they don’t lose the ability to pass to a team mate because Southgate is in charge!
I honestly don’t know anyone who watches football has hyped up these players.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The one thing Southgate had was the players behind him. By The looks of a few gestures and expressions he does not have that anymore. He will not be sacked. FA will say they wanted him to stay but had mutually agreed it was time for a change

PaulMdj

Visit site
I honestly don’t know anyone who watches football has hyped up these players.
😂😂 You hear it all the time in the media, you yourself are talking about Palmer & Gordon who have had 1 decent season.

A lot of our, so called, world class players have never produced it on the big stage.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Come on Tash, it’s been England’s problem for years, way before Southgate, we hype up these players then blame the manager, remember the “Golden Generation” they don’t lose the ability to pass to a team mate because Southgate is in charge!
Actually they do, in any job in life, if you have a poor manager it affects the performance, the higher the performance level the worse the manager the more effect it has. Poor coaching, poor decision making, lack of confidence in the manager, lack of confidence in his tactical ability or the perfomances they see will all knock their confidence and performance and what we are seeing is what we are getting due to that.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
😂😂 You hear it all the time in the media, you yourself are talking about Palmer & Gordon who have had 1 decent season.

A lot of our, so called, world class players have never produced it on the big stage.

What’s the big stage these days - a lot of those players have done it within the CL when they are facing the best in the world

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
After the last game some of us summed up the issues we felt existed and the weakness in certain players and the managaers ability to deliver (and we got some stick from the usual gang on here who generally seem to get it wrong on a regular basis ;)) and he has just confirmed that to all of us with this latest abject performance.

It's embarrasing that a forum member can say GS will screw around with subs on 67 minutes, well he brought the 3 on at 65, someone said he would bring on Gallagher when we needed more and different, and he did. The bloke is so predictable and weak it's a joke.

The fact 959% of the country can see what is wrong and he cannot is just madness, and to be fair if can see it but can't at least try and fix it, he really is the wrong man for the job.

I think 4 years ago with the squad he had he was at his peak based on the level of players we had, now the players have continued to evolve and get much better but GS is still the same old GS and he is not good enough for the level of players we have, they have out grown him in ability and unfortunately we are going to suffer in this tournament and will need to wait for the next one before we get another chance.

Visit site
Said after the final friendly that Southgate should be replaced prior to the Euros starting. I would support him going mid tournament, he is a completely inept manager and I would be surprised if he ever gets another management gig after this tournament.

The in game management, the negativity, and the team selections/subs are all so poor. Bowen over Palmer twice is so disrespectful it’s unreal.

Guehi a shining light, what a bloke.