The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel like it's highly likely Southgate will leave after the tournament anyway. If we win it, he goes out on a high. If we go out early, he leaves in disgrace. If we do ok but don't win it, he holds his hands up and says "I can only take them so far - let's give someone else a go". The time feels right for him to go, whatever the outcome.

The odds on next manager make Potter and Howe joint favourites. I would like to see us go with Potter, despite what happened to him at Chelsea. He seems quite well-suited to the players we have and to international management, and he may get us playing slightly more fluid football.

The third favourite is Lee Carsley, because he's the under-21 manager and that's what we did last time. But I don't think many fans would be happy with that appointment. 😄

Poch & Pep are 4th and 5th but that's absolute pie-in-the-sky talk in my opinion. (Odds taken from Oddschecker.)

I can see it being Potter. We have been trying to get him at Leicester but that has all gone quiet (as it has with any prospective appointment) but can see him holding out to see what happens after the Euros before looking at club jobs next season.

Swango1980

Visit site
I feel like it's highly likely Southgate will leave after the tournament anyway. If we win it, he goes out on a high. If we go out early, he leaves in disgrace. If we do ok but don't win it, he holds his hands up and says "I can only take them so far - let's give someone else a go". The time feels right for him to go, whatever the outcome.

The odds on next manager make Potter and Howe joint favourites. I would like to see us go with Potter, despite what happened to him at Chelsea. He seems quite well-suited to the players we have and to international management, and he may get us playing slightly more fluid football.

The third favourite is Lee Carsley, because he's the under-21 manager and that's what we did last time. But I don't think many fans would be happy with that appointment. 😄

Poch & Pep are 4th and 5th but that's absolute pie-in-the-sky talk in my opinion. (Odds taken from Oddschecker.)
Just looked at the odds list. Gerrard seems to be 8th favourite (around 16/1). Lampard 12th (around 20/1). Further down, Emma Hayes around 45/1, Chris Wilder, Jamie Carragher 100/1, Scholes 175/1, etc.

Funny how you see those sorts of odds for a golfer to win a golf tournament, and you think "it could happen, worth a punt". Yet with the next England manager, you just think "absolutely no chance". If I had kept going down the list a bit, I bet you'd find Arthur Wedge at 250/1, and myself at 500/1

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at the odds list. Gerrard seems to be 8th favourite (around 16/1). Lampard 12th (around 20/1). Further down, Emma Hayes around 45/1, Chris Wilder, Jamie Carragher 100/1, Scholes 175/1, etc.

Funny how you see those sorts of odds for a golfer to win a golf tournament, and you think "it could happen, worth a punt". Yet with the next England manager, you just think "absolutely no chance". If I had kept going down the list a bit, I bet you'd find Arthur Wedge at 250/1, and myself at 500/1
Haha, yeah. Never look any further down than the top ten of a next manager odds list, you'll give yourself an aneurysm.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to the BBC we've statistically the hardest run it

Think how many points you will have in the bag by that stage though? Hard run in = easier run of games beforehand. Better to play those hard games with your confidence up, more chance of getting points then. Be positive Homer :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think how many points you will have in the bag by that stage though? Hard run in = easier run of games beforehand. Better to play those hard games with your confidence up, more chance of getting points then. Be positive Homer :D
Hard to be positive. It is Fulham we're talking about and they always find a fresh way to break my heart. Expecting a few players to go and if we don't get a decent couple of defenders, a replacement for Paulinha once he goes to Bayern and a proven goalscorer then we could be in big trouble

4LEX

Visit site
Superb match, nice punch up before, cracking atmosphere and a pleasure to see two teams having a pop.

Ronaldo to now try to win this on his own with 10+ shots :sneaky: