The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Funny old game so they say...

Belgium could be two up inside 6 minutes but instead they find themselves 1-0 down to Slovakia.

Doku is playing like someone has shoved a Carolina Reaper up his backside.

PaulMdj

Visit site
That doesn't mean i don't hope we don't do well or even win it however it's blind and dumb to not take in to account the weakness that is GS.

The general feeling is we should have a great chance of winning it but our weakness is our manager and we most likely will fall in the later stages when with a better manager we could and should go all the way. That is not doom and gloom or negativity, it's realismn.

Putting your fingers in your ears and singing lalalalalalala will not help us win.
I’ve very clearly stated numerous times my dislike for Southgate and the sooner he goes the better for me.

However, it is people like yourself going on and on about us doing better and going all the way with a different manager who are living in cloud cuckooo land. He’s the manager for these championships, pretty pointless talking about what others could do with these set of players in these Euros! You need to accept it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having watched last nights game. The only thing surprising is that people are surprised nothing has changed. It was the same old same old. As soon as teams have a go we sit back.
I said that Foden would play left side and would do his defensive duties. That was probably the only part of his game worth mentioning. I said this before the tournament started. I would have a middle three of
Bellingham Rice and Foden
With Saka Kane and Gordon.
Leave the back four as it is.
The three teams that have looked interesting are Germany, Italy and Spain.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve very clearly stated numerous times my dislike for Southgate and the sooner he goes the better for me.

However, it is people like yourself going on and on about us doing better and going all the way with a different manager who are living in cloud cuckooo land. He’s the manager for these championships, pretty pointless talking about what others could do with these set of players in these Euros! You need to accept it.
You are so wrong, how you can say you don’t rate GS but no one else would do better, you are a gladhander m8.

This is a discussion forum m8 where we discuss what we think and talk over things, we don’t all agree and we don’t have to but you are trying to blunt discussions over the manager, a real talking point for most fans because you don’t agree, you aren’t telling us why he’s the man, why the performances are acceptable instead you insult and say we are in cloud cuckoo land.

Tell us why we should big up GS, why he’s going to win us anything and why we should be behind him. We can be behind England and the lads but GS is not good enough to take us to the promised land but you keep happy clapping.

If we win this it will be in spite of not because of.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Semi-Automated VAR seeming to work reasonably quickly for very marginal calls...the goal that was just disallowed would have seen 7 replays, some dodgy line drawing and 5 minutes of deliberation to come to a decision in the PL.

Semi-Automated VAR coming to a conclusion in around 30-40 seconds....still not quick enough but a vast improvement.

PaulMdj

Visit site
You are so wrong, how you can say you don’t rate GS but no one else would do better, you are a gladhander m8.

This is a discussion forum m8 where we discuss what we think and talk over things, we don’t all agree and we don’t have to but you are trying to blunt discussions over the manager, a real talking point for most fans because you don’t agree, you aren’t telling us why he’s the man, why the performances are acceptable instead you insult and say we are in cloud cuckoo land.

Tell us why we should big up GS, why he’s going to win us anything and why we should be behind him. We can be behind England and the lads but GS is not good enough to take us to the promised land but you keep happy clapping.

If we win this it will be in spite of not because of.
I’m not going to waste my breath going on and on about how another manager with these group of players would do better in these Championships, it’s utterly pointless and to be honest boring.

I haven’t once “bigged up” Southgate, you really are missing the point, WE ARE STUCK WITH HIM for this Comp! So therefore absolutely no one can do better.🙄

So I can’t say you are in cloud cuckoo land as it is insulting, but it’s ok for you to say I’ve got my fingers in my ears going lalala😂😂.

I want England to win this Comp, hopefully we will, we’ve played 1 game, won 1, top of the group.

Why don’t you tell us who this Manager is that you would have, who would have exactly the same result, but by playing wonderful football.

If we win this Southgate will be a legend…sadly.

PaulMdj

Visit site
When Newcastle get itchy feet I think Howe would be an excellent England manager
He might be, no issue with him at all, I don’t think there are many stand out candidates, especially if the suits in the FA stick to an Englishman.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Belgium can feel unlucky there. The hand ball goal, disallowed, was harsh imo.

On a separate point, the ref in the booth that ITV have hired. Why? American, no one knows her, monotone and no personality o_O. I'm muting the TV when it goes to her. Surely there was an ex ref, not Mike Dean or Dermot Gallagher, who could have passed a screen test and done that role? Surely there must be one ref out there with a personality.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having watched last nights game. The only thing surprising is that people are surprised nothing has changed. It was the same old same old. As soon as teams have a go we sit back.
I said that Foden would play left side and would do his defensive duties. That was probably the only part of his game worth mentioning. I said this before the tournament started. I would have a middle three of
Bellingham Rice and Foden
With Saka Kane and Gordon.

Leave the back four as it is.
The three teams that have looked interesting are Germany, Italy and Spain.

I think I'd go Rice, Mainoo and Bellingham.
With Saka, Kane/Toney, Bowen.

Also, I thought Italy looked interesting for all the wrong reasons, I thought they were bang average.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Good game France v Austria, thought at one time France were going to score 2 or 3, Austria made it very dificult for them.

4LEX

Visit site
Belgium can feel unlucky there. The hand ball goal, disallowed, was harsh imo.

On a separate point, the ref in the booth that ITV have hired. Why? American, no one knows her, monotone and no personality o_O. I'm muting the TV when it goes to her. Surely there was an ex ref, not Mike Dean or Dermot Gallagher, who could have passed a screen test and done that role? Surely there must be one ref out there with a personality.

Honestly it's just box ticking gone mad. Terrible addition that makes games almost unwatchable.