The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Most UTD fans have been moaning there’s no structure upstairs at UTD .
Think half of the current squad are not good enough.

The manager is under massive pressure next season.
Most young players need to go into a settled experienced side with players to help them.
UTD don’t have that atm imo.

He might move but for me UTD is not the place to go.
If you were in charge of Man Utd, who do you think they should sign?

After all, let's assume they won't be a circus for the rest of time. And let's assume the Utd board want to build a settled site from this point on. What players should they recruit, if they are to avoid young talented players?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, if we get past how poor Scotland were, and they were awful, you also have to be impressed by Germany. They played with pace, fizzed the ball around. A real lesson in how to play against a team who park the bus. If England could play with that intensity on Sunday, we will do okay.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mate, he’s looking for a bite. We bought Stones when he was 18 and had him 3 years, there was a 15% sell on fee that earned Barnsley an extra £6.75million.

Maybe we should of given him away for free and Barnsley get nothing.🙄

Me and you are the only Everton fans that have replied and neither of us have played the pity card, simply stated he’s class and we’d like as much as we can for him.
The game that Utd are playing with Braithwaite is the same game that Spurs played last year with Forest and Johnson. 👍 another thing which helps Utd is Braithwaite being English.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Really disappointing night, Steve Clarke got the set up all wrong in my opinion.
Germany were excellent, better than I actually thought they would be, but Scotland a mile of it.
We just need to restore a bit of pride in the next two games and hope we could maybe scrape through as a best 3rd team finisher, big ask though.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, if we get past how poor Scotland were, and they were awful, you also have to be impressed by Germany. They played with pace, fizzed the ball around. A real lesson in how to play against a team who park the bus. If England could play with that intensity on Sunday, we will do okay.
I don't think GS will change his set up and direction.

Now what was it I said about the top PL teams and how they play??

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I see the authorities are pleading with England fans not to sing "10 German Bombers" and other similar terrace favourites whilst they are in Germany.

They'd have been better off keeping their gobs shut, rather than issuing a statement which many of the travelling support will treat as nothing more than a "challenge" and an opportunity to stick two fingers up at said authorities.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you were in charge of Man Utd, who do you think they should sign?

After all, let's assume they won't be a circus for the rest of time. And let's assume the Utd board want to build a settled site from this point on. What players should they recruit, if they are to avoid young talented players?
Your in the position Liverpool we’re in before Klopp.

You’re going to struggle to get top class players imo.
You need some experience but that’s not easy or cheap.

Branthwaite might be a superstar at Utd but he might be swamped by what’s going on there.

I see where your coming from regards your rebuild but imo you need some class players with PL experience to tempt and help the young ones.

Not a great position to be in as Liverpool found out.