The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
As ever...your convenient still images show what you want them to show....but they are still image's that don't show the contact moments before, that caused the striker to break his stride and get his foot caught in the turf.

As I said - need to see it again because there wasn’t a single replay that showed a touch by Rodri and the player kicked the turf and swan dived

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Good start to the Italy game, read a very good story about how Albania have been built as a team under there manager. Sylvinho. Could well do a job in the Prem.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Having seen Germany, Spain and Italy play in the last couple of days I'm a lot less confident about England's chances of winning the Euro's. I don't think our slow turgid style of football has any chance of lifting the trophy.
But, but, if we’d of played any of the teams those 3 faced and beat them, we be getting told we had an easy draw. 😬

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
They're playing Albania.
I wouldn't be surprised if some Italian players don't even know where Albania is.
Hang on though....we were playing Bosnia the other day and couldn't manage a similar style, tempo of play or approach.

Having said that, I will now temper my enthusiasm for the Italian play by saying that, despite them playing with a tempo that I'd like England to adopt, they still struggled to create open opportunities in the second half and could quite easily have come unstuck in the dying minutes of the game.

Of the big nations who have played, Spain have been the most impressive, by a long long way, given who they played. Netherlands and Englands turn to shine today.