The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Really hoping England can get off to a good start tonight, will take a 1-0 win with a disappointing display, but really hope not.

Whatever his team selection, from now until the end…In Gareth We Trust. 😬

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Hasn’t he played TAA in the midfield the last 4 games he has picked him ?

I’m not sure he’s started one. Even Southgate said that England will have to adopt a different approach with Trent starting in midfield.

Don’t get me wrong, I genuinely hope it works. It just seems a bit odd.

Billysboots

Visit site
Straws being clutched already?🤣

If you consider it in the context of the manager’s comments, it just seems a little peculiar. He’s effectively conceded that England are trying something new.

I’m absolutely all for it. I just think the timing is odd.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If you consider it in the context of the manager’s comments, it just seems a little peculiar. He’s effectively conceded that England are trying something new.

I’m absolutely all for it. I just think the timing is odd.
He started there in the 3 nil win against Bosnia

He also started there in 2 other games for England

He also played him there before the World Cup - Southgate was one of the first to play in from the start in midfield

PaulMdj

Visit site
There we go, decision made, let’s just get behind the Team and hope it works, falling back on Club allegiances when it comes to England is childish.

Come on England.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We need Rice to be on top form to cover tonight. TAA will switch off. He can play worldy passes 100% but I just feel he tries one every time when it's not the right time.

I hope he proves me wrong. Works hard out of possession, keeps the shape and provides some beauties.

Come on England. Thrash em!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Every thing going down Englands right hand side - Saka combining well with Bellingham , TAA and Walker and look dangerous anytime they go down that side

Need to find a way to get that same width on the left but doesn’t help with Tripper not left footed and Foden drifting inside

Billysboots

Visit site
Every thing going down Englands right hand side - Saka combining well with Bellingham , TAA and Walker and look dangerous anytime they go down that side

Need to find a way to get that same width on the left but doesn’t help with Tripper not left footed and Foden drifting inside

Foden has been pretty anonymous so far. And Kane struggling to get into the game. Slightly disappointing that neither gambled when Walker got that earlier cross in.