The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
There will certainly be a lot of media and press naughtiness going on. No different with any big transfer.

Bottom line, a player is worth what the buying club is willing to pay. No more, no less. £80m seems excessive, especially for a player who couldn’t make Southgate’s final squad (which I think is a big mistake, by the way). Somewhere in the region of £50-60m seems a little more sensible.
Depends on how many Clubs make a bid, Club A could value him at £50 Mil, Club B £60 Mil, or, sometimes a Club will pay over the odds, look how VVD’s value went up once it came out Lpool had made an illegal approach.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Depends on how many Clubs make a bid, Club A could value him at £50 Mil, Club B £60 Mil, or, sometimes a Club will pay over the odds, look how VVD’s value went up once it came out Lpool had made an illegal approach.

VVD was a perfect example of how not to get a player , we ended up paying a good amount over the odds because of the way we conducted ourselves in the summer - we could have got him for around £50-60mil in summer if we did it properly and it was something we learned from

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£80m + £35m = £115m
Meet in the middle, which is £57.5m ...................................... that seems a reasonable price.
Boom, deal done.
Not happening at that price. If they accept anything under £70m I'll be disgusted, as will all Everton fans. No way will anyone get him on the cheap.

He is the crown jewels at the club and if Utd want him they will have to pay dearly for him.

4LEX

Visit site
It’s called negotiating,put in a cheeky bid & meet somewhere in the middle 🤷‍♂️

Or in Man Utd's case, start with a laughable bid, mess around all summer and then end up buying the player for way more than the team would've accepted in June!

Jokes aside, I think this is a great move and Everton are desperate to sell before June30th and the FFP deadline, so if the player has his heart set on Man Utd it could help force his exit.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Or in Man Utd's case, start with a laughable bid, mess around all summer and then end up buying the player for way more than the team would've accepted in June!

Jokes aside, I think this is a great move and Everton are desperate to sell before June30th and the FFP deadline, so if the player has his heart set on Man Utd it could help force his exit.
Were do you get we are desperate to sell?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I suppose it also depends to an extent on Branthwaite himself.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Absolutely. Not sure just how much Everton are under the PSR cosh, but I don’t think this is as simple as Everton demanding £x and not being prepared to budge on that price.

There are a number of factors at play - PSR, Everton’s valuation, any buying club’s valuation, and the player’s position.