The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Don’t the club have PSR issues and it seems only have a budget of around £40-50mil

Tough to bring in a decent amount of quality for that amount

Guess they will look to bring in funds selling - Greenwood ( to Juve ) , and maybe Sancho ( who won’t play until he says sorry )

I don't think anyone knows the state of the finances, I've read stories that we've got as little as £30m before sales but others that say we've got around £400m regardless. As you say though Greenwood and Sancho are likely to leave for a decent fee and Varane has already gone which takes a load of wages off the books. There is also a rumour that Casemiro is off to the Saudi league which would mean another decent transfer fee and another big wage off the books. Apparently the other positive is that our biggest ever season loss (21/22) is off the books as far as FFP is concerned so that will mean more expenditure. The main issue is going to be cash, we just don't have much due to the debt we're in so we are going to be limited by whatever INEOS decide to inject.

This guy on Twitter is always worth a read, he looks as various clubs finances in depth and looks at what the possible spend might be....

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I don't think anyone knows the state of the finances, I've read stories that we've got as little as £30m before sales but others that say we've got around £400m regardless. As you say though Greenwood and Sancho are likely to leave for a decent fee and Varane has already gone which takes a load of wages off the books. There is also a rumour that Casemiro is off to the Saudi league which would mean another decent transfer fee and another big wage off the books. Apparently the other positive is that our biggest ever season loss (21/22) is off the books as far as FFP is concerned so that will mean more expenditure. The main issue is going to be cash, we just don't have much due to the debt we're in so we are going to be limited by whatever INEOS decide to inject.

This guy on Twitter is always worth a read, he looks as various clubs finances in depth and looks at what the possible spend might be....

Yeah I follow him and a guy called Greg Cordell

Both great when it comes to showing the finances in more layman’s terms

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@road2ruin what makes you think you will get good fees for those players? You will likely make a big loss on all, Greenwood excepted of course, and all are on big wages. Off loading them early is going to need a degree of compromise from Utd just to get them off your books. They all need to go, but with the amounts they are on, it wont be simple or in your favour I suspect. Greenwood will be the easiest, the rest, not so much.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@road2ruin what makes you think you will get good fees for those players? You will likely make a big loss on all, Greenwood excepted of course, and all are on big wages. Off loading them early is going to need a degree of compromise from Utd just to get them off your books. They all need to go, but with the amounts they are on, it wont be simple or in your favour I suspect. Greenwood will be the easiest, the rest, not so much.

Greenwood - homegrown so anything we make will be a profit.
Sancho - yes, will be a loss but ultimately it's money in and a big wage off the books.
Casemiro - if he does go to the Saudi league then I don't think money is particularly an issue, they're talking about £70m (I would drive him there myself) and then they'll pay whatever wages. This is the easiest of deals to do should they Saudi's come calling.

Swango1980

Visit site
Last one, going no further than LAST SEPTEMBER.😇
Can I ask you to confirm what you are talking about?????

The point I initially replied to was when you said Utd fans had done nothing but moan and whine about ETH
You now copied a statement I made saying "He always does, unless playing for Scotland. I'd put him in a short list of my least favourite midfielders at Utd in my lifetime"

That was about Scott McTomminay. Unless I was confused at one point, and thought ETH was a Scottish midfielder.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To prove to Swango that Utd fans have been moaning all season and not just since the semi-final. 👍🏻

I’m quite happy to admit I’ve been royally hacked off with my team for several years, bar one or two false dawns.

It’s really not necessary to repost old comments to prove a point, but if you did have to do it there are better examples of my grumpy work than that one!!

😉

Swango1980

Visit site
I’m quite happy to admit I’ve been royally hacked off with my team for several years, bar one or two false dawns.

It’s really not necessary to repost old comments to prove a point, but if you did have to do it there are better examples of my grumpy work than that one!!

😉
And in fairness to you, without looking, I'm sure you've also made comments that are more positive towards ETH. I hadn't picked up on the fact all you had been doing was moaning and whining about ETH :D

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
And in fairness to you, without looking, I'm sure you've also made comments that are more positive towards ETH. I hadn't picked up on the fact all you had been doing was moaning and whining about ETH :D

I’ve been very critical of the performances, but supported ten Hag, only losing my rag in the last month of the season when things just got so bad they were bordering on hysterical.

But normal service has been resumed. I really liked the guy when he arrived. I still like him. And, like the deluded fool I am, I am actually looking forward to next season.

I’m sure it won’t be long before the stuffing is knocked out of me again, though.

😎