• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lot of pennies on a very young player.

80% of a player aswell as 20% sell on Clause with his former club

Small fee these days really

Gone are the days of 7 million for players like Ashton (when he was in the championship) similar situation to us buying bowen but fee was £22 million (yes both English and a few games in premier league)

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’m quite happy to admit I’ve been royally hacked off with my team for several years, bar one or two false dawns.

It’s really not necessary to repost old comments to prove a point, but if you did have to do it there are better examples of my grumpy work than that one!!

😉
Can’t be any better examples mate, we’ve been assured the first moan about ETH was after the Cup semi-final, all the whines and moans about performances and individual players are not on ETH shoulders for picking them or playing them.🤷‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Can’t be any better examples mate, we’ve been assured the first moan about ETH was after the Cup semi-final, all the whines and moans about performances and individual players are not on ETH shoulders for picking them or playing them.🤷‍♂️

I’m sorry. You’ve lost me.

There are always going to be times when supporters question a manager’s decisions regarding players picked, formations and so on. I know I’ve been unhappy with one or two selections during his tenure!

But if we’re talking about wanting a manager gone, that’s a whole different level. At no time have I wanted ten Hag to be shown the door, with the exception of a short period around the end of the season when performances were so bad that my patience had snapped. The semi final against Coventry was abysmal, and much of our abject failure to see that game out comfortably was, in my view, a result of both his tactics and substitutions. That game, and the Palace shambles, were all time lows, when I thought it couldn’t get any worse.

I never said I hadn’t moaned about the manager until after the cup semi final. What I said was that I didn’t share the view that he should be sacked until that point. Two very different things.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’m sorry. You’ve lost me.

There are always going to be times when supporters question a manager’s decisions regarding players picked, formations and so on. I know I’ve been unhappy with one or two selections during his tenure!

But if we’re talking about wanting a manager gone, that’s a whole different level. At no time have I wanted ten Hag to be shown the door, with the exception of a short period around the end of the season when performances were so bad that my patience had snapped. The semi final against Coventry was abysmal, and much of our abject failure to see that game out comfortably was, in my view, a result of both his tactics and substitutions. That game, and the Palace shambles, were all time lows, when I thought it couldn’t get any worse.

I never said I hadn’t moaned about the manager until after the cup semi final. What I said was that I didn’t share the view that he should be sacked until that point. Two very different things.
Sent you a pm

Swango1980

Visit site
Who are the Scottish people on this forum?

I'm not sure if the stats back it up, but I'm feeling if you are going to play one of the bigger nations in a tournament, the opening game is a pretty good time to play them. Catch them cold, before they build up any sort of confidence. Having said that, maybe some games are just somehow sitting in my head right now, biasing that opinion. Like Argentina losing to Saudi Arabia at the last World Cup in their opening game, or England drawing to Switzerland at Euro 96 before building up some steam.