The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It is incredulous. Stein would have taken him, had he lived

Ferguson who stepped in preferred his Aberdeen partnership of Miller and McLeish and questioned Hansens attitude towards Scotland and also questioned how many times he was available for Friendlies- which is mildly amusing considering the amount of times his Utd players pulled out of friendlies for England 😁

For a player of his quality to only have 26 caps is really poor - he would have stepped into any other nations first team

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
De Zerbi was very much attacking minded and you appeared to not like him or rate him much
De Zerbi fiddled around far too much, I don't think Brighton put out the same team two games running.
And when up against sides that played the high press he didn't change anything. Hence absolute horror shows against relegated sides .
RDZ was in it for himself more than the team ,he was using Brighton as a stepping stone towards a higher ranking side. That's what I always thought about him .

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
De Zerbi fiddled around far too much, I don't think Brighton put out the same team two games running.
And when up against sides that played the high press he didn't change anything. Hence absolute horror shows against relegated sides .
RDZ was in it for himself more than the team ,he was using Brighton as a stepping stone towards a higher ranking side. That's what I always thought about him .

Didn’t he give the club their best season in decades ?

And unfortunately any top manager would be looking to move onto a club that’s playing in the elite comps

If your new manager comes in and produces the same then it will be the same as potter and DeZerbi

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn’t he give the club their best season in decades ?

And unfortunately any top manager would be looking to move onto a club that’s playing in the elite comps

If your new manager comes in and produces the same then it will be the same as potter and DeZerbi
Potter didn't get stuffed like de zerbi did , RDZ rode on the back of what potter had started.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s been scarified by the looks of it and reseeded.
It’s just sand based until the grass grows properly.
Suprized they let them play on it.

I wouldn’t fancy a slide tackle on that ,like sandpapering your backside.

I wouldn't know, I don't play those games. ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He left Barce because of the pressure at the club and hasn’t really been a blow out success , heck of a risk
To be fair, he has had his hands tied behind his back at Barca. They have a financial crisis and he is expected to compete with a club that has unlimited resources, so it seems. He won the league first year despite all this.

I don't follow the Spanish league that much so I don't know about his style of play but I think in the circumstances, he has done pretty well. His name also brings some kudos in terms of signings, that might be needed when you are trying to convince a top player to a club that came 8th last year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
100% agree

I have no belief the club have said "Erik, don't worry. Your future is safe, ignore the media". Because, if they had, they'd make that public. One of the things Man Utd fans wanted, like any fans, was to feel like they were being communicated to. Man Utd fans are completely in the dark as to what the club are thinking. At this stage, that isn't good enough, if the club have already finalised their decision.

And, if the club haven't finalised their decision, I don't think that is good enough either. Not unless they've already decided they are happy to completely forget about next season, bring someone in later in the summer, and start another rebuilding process then. Unless they think they can just play Championship Manager themselves. Think they can plan all the players they want in and out without a manager, and expect the manager to have no input at all in the make up of the team, but to just do the general coaching. Maybe the club just want a Yes Man to come in, who isn't going to challenge them in the players they bring in, but just do as they are told?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
100% agree

I have no belief the club have said "Erik, don't worry. Your future is safe, ignore the media". Because, if they had, they'd make that public. One of the things Man Utd fans wanted, like any fans, was to feel like they were being communicated to. Man Utd fans are completely in the dark as to what the club are thinking. At this stage, that isn't good enough, if the club have already finalised their decision.

And, if the club haven't finalised their decision, I don't think that is good enough either. Not unless they've already decided they are happy to completely forget about next season, bring someone in later in the summer, and start another rebuilding process then. Unless they think they can just play Championship Manager themselves. Think they can plan all the players they want in and out without a manager, and expect the manager to have no input at all in the make up of the team, but to just do the general coaching. Maybe the club just want a Yes Man to come in, who isn't going to challenge them in the players they bring in, but just do as they are told?

Not what many want but perhaps the Southgate rumours have some legs. Certainly would have thought that there would be a media silence until the end of the Euros so maybe an appointment has been agreed but all hands are tied as to an announcement.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not what many want but perhaps the Southgate rumours have some legs. Certainly would have thought that there would be a media silence until the end of the Euros so maybe an appointment has been agreed but all hands are tied as to an announcement.
If that were the case, I'd rather the club sack ETH now, and say they are reviewing who they get in. At least fans know a change is definite, and respectful to ETH who will have more time to look for another job

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If that were the case, I'd rather the club sack ETH now, and say they are reviewing who they get in. At least fans know a change is definite, and respectful to ETH who will have more time to look for another job

Agreed but it could be that all of that is under a non disclosure agreement until after the Euros.