The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He has it, Pep's coached it out of him.

Jack just isn't the same player he was. He's won plenty and I'm sure has no personal regrets, he's missed out this year because he's not played much.

Eze and Palmer are more in form and are the future, I'm more than happy with the decision personally.
Am not sure it’s a great deal to do with Pep. Why do I say that. Doku. They play the same position but the body language is totally different. Peps philosophy is to not give the ball away. Grealish has took it to the extreme. He makes the wrong choices as a winger. That’s down to him not Pep.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Funny how we see things differently but Grealish dosnt do it for me.

On TAA GS was asking him to play killer passes over a parked bus it’s not easy.
In games where the op comes out a bit is where he shines.
Just hope GS gets his tactics right.
TAA is superb and can play the killer pass, but he should be used the way LPool play him, he’s not a midfield player and England don’t need him in midfield.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I was watching Eze on Monday night, reminded me a bit of Sterling, decent player but ran into too many blind alleys and tried to do far too much on his own. Grealish is a seriously classy player, retains possession with ease and doesn't give it away cheaply like most players do, brings other players into the move and knows that killer pass that can open teams up.
I'm also concerned about TAA in midfield, he seems to give the ball away far too cheaply and doesn't look comfortable when he's under pressure. Has he been one footed all his career? He seemed that way on Monday night.
I hope I'm proved wrong though...Come On Ingerlaaand :ROFLMAO:

I have never been a fan of TAA in a midfield role , he does the inverted role well

But there isn’t a better passer of the ball in the squad and he needs to find a way to get the best out of him

I would have Walker as one of the CBs , TAA as a RB who inverts

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
TAA is a rubbish defender hence him being pushed in to a midfielder role, he is a liability in an engliish defence that is already a liability.

Have to agree with this. I’ve said it times - TAA is a quality wingback but a very poor fullback with shockingly poor defensive awareness. He’s miles off being an international defender.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
TAA is a rubbish defender hence him being pushed in to a midfielder role, he is a liability in an engliish defence that is already a liability. He is a defender that can't defend and has a great pass but isn't a great midfielder.

He isn’t a “rubbish” defender or a liability by any stretch at all

He may not be the best defender a round and have the awareness or pace of Walker but that doesn’t make him “rubbish”

But have him as an inverted full back with Walker covering and you get the best of the two best right backs in the league

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Don’t usually agree with Carragher,think he got it spot on when he said Trent doesn’t have to be the best defender,just needs to stop being a liability.
He just seems to switch off when defending.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
He isn’t a “rubbish” defender or a liability by any stretch at all

He may not be the best defender a round and have the awareness or pace of Walker but that doesn’t make him “rubbish”

But have him as an inverted full back with Walker covering and you get the best of the two best right backs in the league
His defending makes him rubbish unless you are a rose tinted Liverpool supporter, again he is a poor defender I don't see another top 6 team buying him as a defender

PaulMdj

Visit site
His defending makes him rubbish unless you are a rose tinted Liverpool supporter, again he is a poor defender I don't see another top 6 team buying him as a defender
No chance, I’d say there’s only Walker better than him at RB.

Play 5 3 2 with him as one of the 5 and Walker one of the central 3 at the back.

Best of both worlds.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

🤦‍♂️ he isn’t rubbish and if City or any top club in Europe could get him they would snap him up in a flash

A top team will buy him for what he provides to any top team

Last edited: