The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Not watching the football because Southgate killed my interested in the England team. But a back four protected by Rice should be the solid foundation. To start tinkering with TAA in that back four is just suicide. And yet to think he slots into midfield in front of Bellingham and Foden who should be a middle three is insane. A front three of Kane, palmer, etc etc etc.
Looking forward to the “ need to give Southgate time”, “ he is the second best England manager” comments in half an hour.
Nobody is saying he should be in a back four, Walker is the first choice right back, he’s never slotted in to midfield ahead of those you list, the only reason he was midfield last time was because dome players hadn’t reported to the training camp, Bellingham still hasn’t and Southgate was trying different things.

Finally, you’ve contradicted yourself there, your not watching because Southgate has killed your interest in the England team, yet you’re looking forward to comments about him in half an hour!🤷‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Even the commentator then said there is no issues with TAA going forward but that's not his issue is it, it's in defending

TAA is a decent player going forward and has a great pass but there are so many midfielders better than him.

As a defender he is poor and certainly not what England needs.

You keep going on about trophies, he hasn't won anything with England and this is England we are talking about and him playing for them.

He is a premier league player but he aint World Class and he is not first choice for England and the worry with putting him in is that when faced with a world calss striker or forward he will be poor and let us down and again you can go on and on about trophies and blah blah but the reason he is not playing in defence any more is because he is not good enough or due to injuries there is no other choice.

He is a square peg in a round hole both in defence and midfield

Winning trophies with England ? 😂 how many of those other players that win multiple CL and Titles have won with England

If anyone trusts Southgate’s judgement over someone like Klopp then they really do need their heads read

TAA has played against far better players playing for his club than you do internationally

Club football in the CL is a higher standard

Southgate hasn’t got a clue about managing the best players in the Prem and it’s why they won’t win a thing

He manages to turn the best that people see every week into players that can’t hit their club form - due to his tactics

Look at Foden as an example - one of the best in Europe , how does he do for England

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought Iceland deserved it.
Can’t remember their keeper making a save!
Defended brilliantly imo.
Tactics spot on.

As for us none of the above.
Every corner went to their keeper.
Just so bad to watch.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Winning trophies with England ? 😂 how many of those other players that win multiple CL and Titles have won with England

If anyone trusts Southgate’s judgement over someone like Klopp then they really do need their heads read

TAA has played against far better players playing for his club than you do internationally

Club football in the CL is a higher standard

Southgate hasn’t got a clue about managing the best players in the Prem and it’s why they won’t win a thing

He manages to turn the best that people see every week into players that can’t hit their club form - due to his tactics

Look at Foden as an example - one of the best in Europe , how does he do for England
And this has what do with TAA being a rubbish defender again?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I accept there wil be an argument that England were not at full strength, but when I saw that starting XI there should have been more than enough there to be beating Iceland. More than enough.

Final game before a tournament and in his post match interview Anthony Gordon says it illustrated how England need to learn how to break sides down. That alone is a very worrying comment to hear.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nobody is saying he should be in a back four, Walker is the first choice right back, he’s never slotted in to midfield ahead of those you list, the only reason he was midfield last time was because dome players hadn’t reported to the training camp, Bellingham still hasn’t and Southgate was trying different things.

Finally, you’ve contradicted yourself there, your not watching because Southgate has killed your interest in the England team, yet you’re looking forward to comments about him in half an hour!🤷‍♂️
why have why have I contradicted myself. The comments I have already read confirm what I have said months and years ago.
Southgate is rammel. Southgate trying things the game before a major comp instead of adding stability to a “ system”. that’s a new one on me.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I accept there wil be an argument that England were not at full strength, but when I saw that starting XI there should have been more than enough there to be beating Iceland. More than enough.

Final game before a tournament and in his post match interview Anthony Gordon says it illustrated how England need to learn how to break sides down. That alone is a very worrying comment to hear.
That’s why Grealish should be in the side, he’s excellent at winning free kicks in and around the box.

All this passing around and going backwards was pointless, we never looked like breaking them down.

PaulMdj

Visit site
why have why have I contradicted myself. The comments I have already read confirm what I have said months and years ago.
Southgate is rammel. Southgate trying things the game before a major comp instead of adding stability to a “ system”. that’s a new one on me.
Because you’re looking forward to comments while having no interest!

Which is it?

No interest?

Looking forward to comments?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

It should be more than enough to comfortably beat Iceland

But there is no fluidity to the team , Kane causing issues by dropping too deep and getting into spaces that Palmer and Foden need to take up to create the chances for him , wide players looking to get balls into the box for a player that isn’t there

England don’t need two players sitting - Rice with Bellingham and Foden as a midfield three is good enough to control any game