The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think there has been plenty of managers who have done wonders for a club (through many years)
David Pleat, John Lyall, Keith Peacock, George Graham and Roy Hodgson all come to mind.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The Dan Ashworth gardening leave saga has another twist.

Seemingly he was stupid enough to blind copy an email expressing his desire to accept the chance of becoming Man U's sporting director, to his own NUFC e-mail account.

Not only did that e-mail express his desire to accept the offer (which did not actually come from Man U, but came from Omar Berrada who was a Man City employee at the time!!!), but it also contained confidential details about the package paid by Newcastle when Ashworth left Brighton.

So Berrada is potentially in breach of his Man C contract or perhaps the terms of his gardening leave, and Ashworth is guilty of sharing commercially sensitive information, effectively with both Man U and Man City. Cant imagine either Newcastle or Brighton being overly thrilled with that!!

What is mind blowing is that two supposed top tier executives were stupid enough to correspond in a manner that leaves a clear audit trail of what was said and when.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there has been plenty of managers who have done wonders for a club (through many years)
David Pleat, John Lyall, Keith Peacock, George Graham and Roy Hodgson all come to mind.

Winning is certainly not the only factor. Thinking of Curbishly at Charlton and Alardyce at Bolton. Just keeping them in the premier league for so long was a fine effort.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Winning is certainly not the only factor. Thinking of Curbishly at Charlton and Alardyce at Bolton. Just keeping them in the premier league for so long was a fine effort.
Here are the top Prem managers simply by number of wins. Having a high number of wins at least shows longevity as a top flight manager, so I think there is some merit in it.

1716387962256.png

Having said that, I always felt Hughes was a pretty awful manager so it's a surprise to see him up there. The top nine all have their place.