The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I appreciate footballers are human beings, but Liverpool still will have 59 fixtures this season. One solution is to scrap a cup, or reduce number of teams in PL. But, I don't think the managers are suggesting those solutions. So, if they have 2 games a week, what is their answer?

Also, when are the fixtures arranged? Presumably BEFORE clubs get eliminated from Europe 2 or 3 weeks before? Liverpool and West Ham could have been in Europe this week, and then there would be moans if they had a game on Sunday. So, surely Saturday last week made more sense.

Once they got eliminated from Europe, maybe they could move it to Sunday. But then what about the fans who made plans for Saturday???
Klopp did complain that Liverpool play more early times than other teams!
I am not sure if that’s true or not.

Just googled it and Liverpool have played 45 early kick offs since Klopp took over.
That’s the most in the PL.
So he might just have a point!

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Just googled it and Liverpool have played 45 early kick offs since Klopp took over.
😂😂 klopp really as got you all believing that a 12:30 kick off is SO much harder than a 3pm 🤯😂😂.
It’s 2hrs & 30 mins from a 3pm kick off.
Just go to bed earlier or travel down the day before.
Seriously they need to try living in the real world.

Swango1980

Visit site

In terms of the Saturday 12.30 kick off, I think it is true.

As they've been in Champions League most seasons, makes sense they play that slot a lot, as Sundays are off the table a lot of weeks.

This season, I think they've played the 12.30 slot a few times after International breaks, as they can't play Saturday after Europa League.

A lot of it is probably down to fact TNT Sports generally only had the 12.30 slot this season. So, if they want to ever show Liverpool, that is the slot they need to use.

Swango1980

Visit site
😂😂 klopp really as got you all believing that a 12:30 kick off is SO much harder than a 3pm 🤯😂😂.
It’s 2hrs & 30 mins from a 3pm kick off.
Just go to bed earlier or travel down the day before.
Seriously they need to try living in the real world.
Plus:

More recovery time that day

More recovery time before next match

Got a chance to get a win, and put pressure on those around you in the table.

You can almost guarantee if City were playing lots of 12.30 games, and winning, then rival managers would be moaning that City have an unfair advantage

Pin-seeker

Visit site

As they've been in Champions League most seasons, makes sense they play that slot a lot, as Sundays are off the table a lot of weeks.

This season, I think they've played the 12.30 slot a few times after International breaks, as they can't play Saturday after Europa League.

A lot of it is probably down to fact TNT Sports generally only had the 12.30 slot this season. So, if they want to ever show Liverpool, that is the slot they need to use.
Nah that makes too much sense,it’s all corruption against Liverpool 🤷‍♂️😂

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fun fact given on tonight's 'big match' 😉. Everton have started the game with nine English born players in their line up.

More anti Forest conspiracy just then. Defender stands on McNeil's foot in the penalty area, no penalty 🤷‍♂️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Clever by Brantwaite to kick his legs in the air to make it look like he'd been lifted off his feet.

A penalty no doubt, but just a bit of extra guile there just in case the ref needed extra incentive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It’s all about TV times makes perfect sense!
Liverpool have only won 47.6 of early KOs.
His main complaint was after international games with several players crossing the world.
But he does like a good moan it’s part of his job.

Been trying to find out who has had the least early KOs but can’t find it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We’re not in the CL this season but we have still played five early KOs
Not sure how many City/ Gunners have played.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad Everton got the penalty. My pet hate of this season is the wrestling at corners.

Completely agree that it's a penalty and I wish that more were given but the ref may have just made a problem for himself for the rest of this match. Every free kick and corner for the rest of the match there are going to be similar incidents. If he (and VAR) are consistent there could be 7 or 8 penalties in the match.