The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Defensively, this has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen. AWB and Lindelof both having absolute shockers.

Swango1980

Visit site
Defensively, this has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen. AWB and Lindelof both having absolute shockers.
AWB and Lindelof would make me feel nervous if I saw them sitting in a library, let alone watching them play for Man Utd.

No manager could get this 11 players playing great football consistently, when probably only half of them are a threat on the ball, and even half of them are bang out of form.

I'm just going to have a laugh for the last 30 minutes, and focus on McTomminay's movement

Billysboots

Visit site
By some distance the worst performance I have seen this season. Truly awful.

But I saw enough from Mount in a handful of minutes to tell me he should start ahead of Rashford. Worlds apart in desire and application.

Swango1980

Visit site
I didn't post in here when Utd scored, as I could almost feel it was more likely than not Utd would concede in last few minutes anyway.

Bruno has been awful for ages, and as I've said many times, McTomminay is abysmal. Rashford just ran into brick walls and Garnacho didn't have a great night. Felt Mainoo was well and truly on his own in midfield, and Hojlund had zero service as normal, apart from one chance in second half that forced a great save.

Only positives are that Mount scored, and with the likes of him, Casemiro and Martinez coming off bench, I hope they will be up to match sharpness and starting in a game or two.

Would happily see Bruno dropped for a while for Mount, Casemiro for McTomminay and Amad for Rashford. For all the stick Antony gets, I'd still have him on left wing ahead of Rashford.

Swango1980

Visit site
By some distance the worst performance I have seen this season. Truly awful.

But I saw enough from Mount in a handful of minutes to tell me he should start ahead of Rashford. Worlds apart in desire and application.
I don't know. I've seen many turgid performances from Utd this season. It's hard to tell them apart.

Billysboots

Visit site
I don't know. I've seen many turgid performances from Utd this season. It's hard to tell them apart.

We were absolutely all over the place. Shambolic. I get that the back four changes every week, but we didn’t even do the basics well.

Varane put a shift in until he was injured. But Lindelof was abysmal. AWB looked every inch a right back playing left back, McTominay was anonymous, Garnacho never got into the game, and Rashford? Well, what can I say that hasn’t already been said? One dimensional, lazy, predictable. Another embarrassing display.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Finally sat down and watched the highlights

For one great to get back to 3-1 after going 1 down

But that second pen is never a pen in a million years. I thought the ref gave it but var giving it? Sod off that's not a pen

No excuse after that tho we went to pieces

Missed Alvarez
Phillips was in possession, swung his leg to kick the ball Gordon came in from behind and effectively tripped Phillips whilst making no attempt to get the ball, free kick to us... Gordon btw is Prime Vardy… a rat faced cheat.

Swango1980

Visit site
We were absolutely all over the place. Shambolic. I get that the back four changes every week, but we didn’t even do the basics well.

Varane put a shift in until he was injured. But Lindelof was abysmal. AWB looked every inch a right back playing left back, McTominay was anonymous, Garnacho never got into the game, and Rashford? Well, what can I say that hasn’t already been said? One dimensional, lazy, predictable. Another embarrassing display.
It amazes me that, when Man Utd make a clearance, it seems like 90% of the time it falls to an opponent. It's like those clearing are incapable of ever directing the clearance, or those in midfield are never proactive and able to put themselves in a position to maximise chance of getting the ball.

Whereas on the flip side, any time an opponent clears the ball, it feels 90% of the time is falls to their team mate.

It's like Bruno and McTomminay are just all over the place in the middle, while Rashford and Garnacho are useless as they are so far forward and wide. Besides, even if a ball does go in any of their direction, you can guarantee they won't win it if there is a defender anywhere near them.

Yes, different defence every week. But it really is the most lightweight midfield I've ever seen at the club. Mainoo is the only one with any composure, strength and quality on the ball. But, he is 18 and his team mates are letting him get run ragged. Desperate to get Casemiro back, and into form. And then the summer transfer window, and continue some serious rebuilding, and getting rid of some of the rubbish

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phillips was in possession, swung his leg to kick the ball Gordon came in from behind and effectively tripped Phillips whilst making no attempt to get the ball, free kick to us... Gordon btw is Prime Vardy… a rat faced cheat.
That balances the second WH goal then. The one where Schar was injured, play was stopped for a foul, and the physio should have been called on. As soon as WH took the free kick it should have been called back.

On happier news for you guys, Kudus in full flow is fabulous to watch.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That balances the second WH goal then. The one where Schar was injured, play was stopped for a foul, and the physio should have been called on. As soon as WH took the free kick it should have been called back.

I Think the referee…like the rest of us, was a bit fed up with Newcastles players constantly feigning head injuries to get the game stopped.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What a player eh? Paquata will leave this summer then he will follow next summer no doubt

Great player to watch, will go to a top top club

I'm not sure about that second goal, the ref allowed play on, wasn't a head injury 🤕