The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Tonalli’s fine is around 2 days pay. Bet that really hurt him. He can’t play in the Italian leagues till August, but he plays in the Prem. Bet that really hurt him. The only two aspects of his sentence that really impact him is he has to attend counselling and he can’t be picked for Italy till August.

What to do with the offences after he left Italy? First of all, he surely can’t be let off scot free but would a further ban really hurt him? A fine of the level he’s already had is pathetic - he’s on between £7m & £8m. A longer ban or a suspended sentence? Before deciding on that surely the reports of his engagement with the counselling should have some bearing? If his counsellor feels he’s fully engaged with the process, I see no point in what is almost a double jeopardy conviction. However, if he’s missed sessions, been late, left early or seems disinterested with the process he would, in effect be in breach of the ‘sentence.’

Glad it’s not me making that determination.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tonalli’s fine is around 2 days pay. Bet that really hurt him. He can’t play in the Italian leagues till August, but he plays in the Prem. Bet that really hurt him. The only two aspects of his sentence that really impact him is he has to attend counselling and he can’t be picked for Italy till August.

What to do with the offences after he left Italy? First of all, he surely can’t be let off scot free but would a further ban really hurt him? A fine of the level he’s already had is pathetic - he’s on between £7m & £8m. A longer ban or a suspended sentence? Before deciding on that surely the reports of his engagement with the counselling should have some bearing? If his counsellor feels he’s fully engaged with the process, I see no point in what is almost a double jeopardy conviction. However, if he’s missed sessions, been late, left early or seems disinterested with the process he would, in effect be in breach of the ‘sentence.’

Glad it’s not me making that determination.
He hasn't played since the ban was announced. The European league's all respect individual country so the ban is effectively Europe wide.

PaulMdj

Visit site
He hasn't played since the ban was announced. The European league's all respect individual country so the ban is effectively Europe wide.
He got a Worldwide ban mate.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just heard that Alonso is looking to stay at Leverkusen next year.

Seems like Man Utd will be getting some stiff competition trying to get Southgate next season, with Liverpool now in the hunt

Good for Alonso , he will get champs league next year and can build more

He clearly going to be a good manager but a few years building something before going to the big boys doesn't hurt

Southgate?? I don't get it. Done nothing at club level, done ok for England but hardly a next level manager. Sounded ridiculous when the new owner at united highlighted him as his manager but Liverpool?? They are currently a top club that challenges for titles . What has Southgate done to peak their interest?

Pin-seeker

Visit site

He clearly going to be a good manager but a few years building something before going to the big boys doesn't hurt

Southgate?? I don't get it. Done nothing at club level, done ok for England but hardly a next level manager. Sounded ridiculous when the new owner at united highlighted him as his manager but Liverpool?? They are currently a top club that challenges for titles . What has Southgate done to peak their interest?
Seen reports that Alonso is waiting for the Real Madrid job.

As for Southgate 🤯🤷‍♂️

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

GS for Liverpool is only wishful thinking by some rumour monger on here.😉
Or some journalist with nothing to do.

Swango1980

Visit site

Hopefully you realised I was joking about Southgate.

As for the Utd ownership, I still have no reason to believe they want Southgate. They have never come out and said they want him. At best, someone somewhere might have said they like him as a guy, and the press have decided to go crazy and make up stories that this means Southgate is their man

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tonali at Newcastle has been charged by the English FA for betting now, for the period he was at Newcastle and before the Italian charge was made :oops: .

Would that get added onto the Italian suspension, if found guilty, or would it deemed to have been served?

What a mess.
There is a story going round that he had bet on himself to be booked in a particular match, Howe decided to sub him at which point he hadn't been booked, so he took an absolute eternity to get off the pitch, thus earning his booking.

Whether that's true or not, he has been a disasterous signing for Newcastle.

Swango1980

Visit site
No way that’s a penalty to Newcastle
I think it definitely was. If you want to kick the ball, go for it. But, if you end up kicking another players ankle instead, it is a free kick or penalty

Cannot believe Newcastle are 4-3 up. At 3-1 and Newcastle players going off injured every minute, I thought it was done and dusted

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think it definitely was. If you want to kick the ball, go for it. But, if you end up kicking another players ankle instead, it is a free kick or penalty

Cannot believe Newcastle are 4-3 up. At 3-1 and Newcastle players going off injured every minute, I thought it was done and dusted
Agree to disagree 👍🏻

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site