The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He’s certainly made an enormous difference at Villa. Which also serves to underline what an appalling appointment Gerrard was.

Quite remarkable what the right manager can achieve.

He’s signed a LB and a youth Striker since he took over, other than those it’s the same bunch of players 😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site
A few games behind closed doors would help focus the minds.... but that's punishment for non offenders too. Several clubs' fans seem especially guilty of this about a number of events.

It takes a special sort of stupidity to chant about folk dying.
Yeah that’s not fair on the majority of season ticket holders that have done nothing wrong.

D

Deleted member 15344

A few games behind closed doors would help focus the minds.... but that's punishment for non offenders too. Several clubs' fans seem especially guilty of this about a number of events.

It takes a special sort of stupidity to chant about folk dying.

City already banned some fans for what happened at Anfield- it’s clearly not shown to be a tough enough deterrent, clubs have been warned about harmful chants with some banned so the next step is to make the club play behind closed doors and then that minority might wake up

Something needs to happen , can’t keep happening , no other sport has these sort of chants and that includes any chants about Munich from Liverpool fans

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
City already banned some fans for what happened at Anfield- it’s clearly not shown to be a tough enough deterrent, clubs have been warned about harmful chants with some banned so the next step is to make the club play behind closed doors and then that minority might wake up

Something needs to happen , can’t keep happening , no other sport has these sort of chants and that includes any chants about Munich from Liverpool fans

Games behind closed doors will make no difference. The sort of moron who comes out with these awful chants will not care two hoots if their club has to play a couple of games behind closed doors - they’ll just spend their time doing something else and return to their chanting as soon as they are able.

The only solution is life time bans for those identified as the offenders. And it will be a never ending conveyor belt of action because as soon as you ban one, another moron will be along to take their place.

Regrettably this sort of brain dead behaviour is part of life and, as such, part of football, given the fact that the culprits are invariably the sort who have half a dozen pints and then go to a match on a Saturday afternoon.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Maybe people should just get a thicker skin?
It’s not as bad as throwing coins & bottles.

As a supporter of one of the clubs whose fans engage in some of this chanting, it would be fair to say that when it happens it’s invariably reciprocal - United/Liverpool, United/Leeds and such like. I don’t recall fans of clubs like Brentford, Leicester, Southampton and so on chanting about Munich.

Personally, I’ve long since accepted that the occasional unpleasant chant is part and parcel of attending football matches. It doesn’t bother me. It bothers me even less when, wrongly it must be said, United’s fans are giving as good as they get. I’m not saying two wrongs make a right, merely that I accept that’s how it is.

There genuinely are more important things to worry about.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As a supporter of one of the clubs whose fans engage in some of this chanting, it would be fair to say that when it happens it’s invariably reciprocal - United/Liverpool, United/Leeds and such like. I don’t recall fans of clubs like Brentford, Leicester, Southampton and so on chanting about Munich.

Personally, I’ve long since accepted that the occasional unpleasant chant is part and parcel of attending football matches. It doesn’t bother me. It bothers me even less when, wrongly it must be said, United’s fans are giving as good as they get. I’m not saying two wrongs make a right, merely that I accept that’s how it is.

There genuinely are more important things to worry about.

This is my thinking,I’m not condoning it.