The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Against my better judgement, I was there. Believe me, it wasn't :)

Watching the stream it did feel like we were getting chances and just not taking them. I mean it felt like under the last min we could of scored we just couldn't make it click

Emerson was excellent

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching the stream it did feel like we were getting chances and just not taking them. I mean it felt like under the last min we could of scored we just couldn't make it click

Emerson was excellent

My memory of the last minute was of villa nearly scoring :)
They had better chances than west ham from where I was sitting (though distance does cloud judgement).
If I were a villa fan, I'd be a bit disappointed. Especially in the first half they seemed to cut through us when it suited them, but they seemed content with a point.
Our confidence is very low. We might stay up, but it's hard to see it being anything other than a grim struggle.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Disappointed to draw. No offence to villa but we played well enough to win

Not good enough tho, we keep turning in these performances and not winning , Newcastle, today, Leeds in which we look better and it's like "play like this we will be fine" then we completely let spurs and Brighton walk over not just win spineless performances

Need to throw another good performance next week . Massive 6 pointer

You played well, clearly not well enough to win though :ROFLMAO: Villa never really got out of second gear today, disappointing really but Ill take another point.

You're alright at the back, just lacking any kind of creativity going forward and zero goal threat. I never feared you scoring at all, could have played for 3 days and you still wouldn't have had one from open play.

Goals win games - I fear for you boys! The relegation battle could run until the final whistle on the last day of the season!

Swango1980

Visit site
Can't concentrate on the goal - all I'm seeing is how thin he is on top. You'd just start shaving it all off at that point and at his age, wouldn't you?
Yeah, there is absolutely no point in scoring a wonder goal, if you look like a 50 year old accountant (sorry to any accountants, I'm sure there are many cool ones, just trying to paint a picture). Ruined it for me. Also, is his right foot as bad as Antony's?

D

Deleted member 18121

My memory of the last minute was of villa nearly scoring :)
They had better chances than west ham from where I was sitting (though distance does cloud judgement).
If I were a villa fan, I'd be a bit disappointed. Especially in the first half they seemed to cut through us when it suited them, but they seemed content with a point.
Our confidence is very low. We might stay up, but it's hard to see it being anything other than a grim struggle.

I was at the game with my father in law (big hammer) and son (mildy follows West Ham)....I'm a Liverpool fan, so feel I can be subjective. As far as the game over all, I quite enjoyed it. Was a good battle, I think West ham shaded it and a 2-1 scoreline wouldn't have felt amiss.

I thought Danny Ings should have been subbed at half time, for me he offered almost nothing. Bowen and Benrahma are really bright sparks and I feel get left out by a lack of quality in the centre of the park, some on Benrahmas movement is brilliant. The home fans around me seemed convinced they should have won by a couple, I didn't see it like that.

Potentially a good point, the southampton game will be massive.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just looking at the league table - its pure filth.

Vast majority of teams only have 12 games left to play

There are 9 teams that can go in and out of the drop zone depending on results over the course of a week.

There are 11 teams (at a push) that could make some form of European football

So much to play for still, so many big stories to come

I bloody love football

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

There are 9 teams that can go in and out of the drop zone depending on results over the course of a week.

I bloody love football

Going to have high stress levels for the next 12 weeks unless, somehow, we go on a run of 3-4 wins.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I bloody love football

I think we have gone but no one at the club seems to care…

Looking at our remaining games:

Home: Arsenal, Leeds, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle and Southampton. I can only see possible 2 wins against Leeds and southampton with maybe a draw against Newcastle so that’s 7 points from 6 home games.

Away: Bournemouth, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Leicester City and Man City. With our away record this season, picking up only a measly 6 points from 13, I can only can see about 1 or 2 points from those games. Say 3 max.

So thats 9/10 more points which puts us on 34 points, will that be enough? Doubtful.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You had a bad February - but you can score goals, I think that might save you!

get a few key players back from injury after the international break, hopefully! Which should be massive.

We need 10 points-ish from 12 games - so it's still in our own hands. Just hope we get it done sooner rather than later! Don't fancy going to Palace on last day of the season to have to get something!