The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Also watched it on catchup this morning. Strange, but got used to it somehow towards the end.
I would like to have the commentary and the old geezers back giving their views. I'm in no doubt about that.
Maybe BBC could make this sort of version available every week on red button, though.
It would give the viewer a choice.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen it on catch up, been away for the weekend. Horrible, really horrible 😱. Amazingly soulless.
It reminded me of watching football in lockdown. I too like the punditry and analysis. Although sometimes annoying when the bigger teams lose to the lesser ones. For example when Brighton beat Liverpool, it was all about how poor Liverpool were and not how brilliant Brighton were.
Anyway after watching MOTD I switched to sky and watched Leeds v Brighton, 30mins extended highlights. 👍

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent first half :) Fulham been truly awful mind
I'm not sure truly awful is strong enough regarding their defending 😳. Certainly very polite, 'after you Mr Arsenal player, go on, have a shot. Like another one, go on then'

A lovely stroll for Arsenal. You will work harder in training.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure truly awful is strong enough regarding their defending 😳. Certainly very polite, 'after you Mr Arsenal player, go on, have a shot. Like another one, go on then'

A lovely stroll for Arsenal. You will work harder in training.

If they stay this complicit Jesus might even get an unexpected 10 minute run out later

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been watching the west ham villa game

It was so dull, us creating nothing but trying just end product was awful then villa go up and get a goal (not against run of play just like out of no where) and the game comes to life

Defo pen

Tbh we should have had at least another for the same thing few mins later

Our keeper pulls off a smart save from Watkins which tbh looked like a simple finish

Second half gonna be interesting

Swango1980

Visit site
Casimiro, red card courtesy of VAR
Mariner on VAR, who apparently let 3 horrific challenges go against Chelsea yesterday. Just seen the video of Casemiro, I see about 5 or 6 worse challenges a game. But, the still looks terrible. That is what VAR use when they randomly decide to intervene.

Apparently there was a blatant handball in box my Southampton shortly after, VAR didn't do anything. To be fair, I've not seen that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not seen anything to convince me the title is staying in Manchester. Arsenal looking very strong indeed. Jesus coming back is a massive boost.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disappointed to draw. No offence to villa but we played well enough to win

Not good enough tho, we keep turning in these performances and not winning , Newcastle, today, Leeds in which we look better and it's like "play like this we will be fine" then we completely let spurs and Brighton walk over not just win spineless performances

Need to throw another good performance next week . Massive 6 pointer

Swango1980

Visit site
VAR is just appalling.

1. Why did Wolves not get a penalty?
2. Dan Burn went followed through on Wolves player. Personally, I don't think it is a red, but Casemiro sent off for the same thing, but with less force.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
VAR is just appalling.

1. Why did Wolves not get a penalty?
2. Dan Burn went followed through on Wolves player. Personally, I don't think it is a red, but Casemiro sent off for the same thing, but with less force.

If Casemiro’s was a red, so was that. No consistency whatsoever.