The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slightly curious as to how Ederson hasn’t got a yellow there.

Not enough for a red - not a goal scoring opportunity, not violent/dangerous - but surely a yellow.
When a keeper is outside his box he’s just another player.
two feet off the floor out of control.
but free kick went to City.???

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never seen anything like it!
Haaland, what a player! He's a machine, an animal and boy does he work his socks off. A great advert for football.
And Man City, another phrase comes to mind. "Total football".

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
City are 7 points worse off compared to the same stage last season

Haaland has scored a lot of goals - but the team have lost more games so far

And can anyone explain this ? Was it outside box etc

Nobody is ever going to question his goal tally. It’s absolutely unbelievable. The man is a proper handful.

But I agree, Phil. A better team? I’m really not convinced. The majority of experts here said the rest might as well pack up and go home when City signed Haaland. The league was a foregone conclusion.

Hasn’t quite worked out that way.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nobody is ever going to question his goal tally. It’s absolutely unbelievable. The man is a proper handful.

But I agree, Phil. A better team? I’m really not convinced. The majority of experts here said the rest might as well pack up and go home when City signed Haaland. The league was a foregone conclusion.

In fairness, 11 points clear of United at present and don’t think anyone saw Arsenal’s form coming. If the Arse weren’t flying you’d be looking at City being clear.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

He’s done way better than expected but if there is a failing is it another player not hitting the heady heights of last season? Personally, I think De Bruyne has had a very average season. Or has the system the team play changed to accommodate Haaland but compromised the strengths of others?

Every team in the land would welcome him, and his goals. Maybe look elsewhere in the team for failings.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s done way better than expected but if there is a failing is it another player not hitting the heady heights of last season? Personally, I think De Bruyne has had a very average season. Or has the system the team play changed to accommodate Haaland but compromised the strengths of others?

Every team in the land would welcome him, and his goals. Maybe look elsewhere in the team for failings.
Thought City were brilliant tonight.
but it helps if the ref gives you a two goal start.

but City did give Them a few chances but they didn’t take them.
thought the ref was shocking first half.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site

Prior to City buying Haaland they never struggled scoring goals, they were prolific infact.

The system has changed and it’s noticeable how KDB role/position has changed. i think it’s a tad harsh to blame him or his performances.

I doubt he’d get into the mighty U’s starting 11 😄