The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Just a staggering game

2 up and playing well , looking comfortable on and off the ball , even when they scored the first it looked ok but the error from Alisson before half time just turned the game

Came out in the second half and it was a different Madrid , clinical 5 goals from 6 shots I think it was.

Can’t drop the level that much against Madrid - they will just crucify you and that’s what they did. Just have to hold your hands up - going to be tough for anyone to beat rhem

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
hope they offer refunds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 46592

I know Liverpool have had issues with injuries and such like this season, but that was not a Jurgen Klopp side we watched tonight. To lose 2-5 at home from a 2-0 lead is beyond shocking.

I know Liverpool fans will defend him for all they are worth, but the decline this season has been staggering.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reality check for the reds.
just to many errors and against a side like this you get punished.
pure class from Real .

Just can’t see what we’re doing defending free kicks and corners it’s like Burtons window.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a staggering game

2 up and playing well , looking comfortable on and off the ball , even when they scored the first it looked ok but the error from Alisson before half time just turned the game

Came out in the second half and it was a different Madrid , clinical 5 goals from 6 shots I think it was.

Can’t drop the level that much against Madrid - they will just crucify you and that’s what they did. Just have to hold your hands up - going to be tough for anyone to beat rhem

can still get 6/1 they win the CL

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know Liverpool have had issues with injuries and such like this season, but that was not a Jurgen Klopp side we watched tonight. To lose 2-5 at home from a 2-0 lead is beyond shocking.

I know Liverpool fans will defend him for all they are worth, but the decline this season has been staggering.
Problem is we’re making the same mistakes especially in defence at corners / free kicks.

subs didn’t change a thing.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

They're eight points adrift of Barcelona in La Liga ............................. and we've got Barcelona on Thursday. :eek:

Swango1980

Visit site
If you're club ever get criticised for quiet fans, just remember how quiet Anfield was tonight. The players were very much walking alone in that second half.

Henderson was asked if he was concerned about goals Liverpool have conceded, and he was quick to mention they have just had 2 clean sheets. Embarrassing. Well done, against Everton who don't score goals and 10 man Newcastle, who were often the better side with fewer men.

Liverpool weren't too bad in 1st half, but Klopp must have drained them of any motivation at half time :)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bonkers game. Have watched FIFA matches that were more believable. Don’t think Liverpool were as bad as the score line suggests. Poor result but still some good performances in there. I would not be surprised if they do pull it back at the Bernabau because that’s the kind of thing they seem to do sometimes. Annoyingly. 😀

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Bonkers game. Have watched FIFA matches that were more believable. Don’t think Liverpool were as bad as the score line suggests. Poor result but still some good performances in there. I would not be surprised if they do pull it back at the Bernabau because that’s the kind of thing they seem to do sometimes. Annoyingly. 😀

There is absolutely no way on this earth that this current Liverpool side will win by three clear goals in Madrid. They are a defensive shambles.

They almost remind me of Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle at times. Pretty to watch, but knowing that ultimately the “You score three, we’ll score four” approach wins very little now, just as it did back then.

Swango1980

Visit site
There is absolutely no way on this earth that this current Liverpool side will win by three clear goals in Madrid. They are a defensive shambles.

They almost remind me of Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle at times. Pretty to watch, but knowing that ultimately the “You score three, we’ll score four” approach wins very little now, just as it did back then.
But, they have the best keeper, right back, left back and centre back in the world. Allegedly.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing like a European game at Anfield 😂😂.
Getting smashed & bringing James Milner on for Henderson 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

As impressive a burn as that may be intended... Not sure Chelsea fans should be throwing about the insults right now...

Nothing like spending half a billion and losing to Southampton... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See, it's material that writes itself ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

As impressive a burn as that may be intended... Not sure Chelsea fans should be throwing about the insults right now...

Nothing like spending half a billion and losing to Southampton... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is he a Chelsea fan 🤷‍♂️ you wouldn’t know as he only posts about Liverpool

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

But Chelsea have had too many signings, have loads of injuries. Poor Graham Potter, we shouldn't judge them.

Weird how Forest didn't receive the same sympathy and Cooper gets zero credit for going through EXACTLY THE SAME THING, except with less money, more players and just as many injuries...oh, but he's actually making it work.