The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
How quickly Liverpool have morphed from Barcelona into Wimbledon.
I seem to remember a while back, there was a debate in here "would you have Simeone as your manager". I think it was when Athletico had just played, and up to their usual tricks. I, and many other fans argued no way, wouldn't want him near our club.

Liverpoolphil took the other side of the debate. Winning trophies was all that mattered.

After today's performance, Simeone could be the perfect fit for Liverpool. Maybe he is actually a good fit after all :)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I seem to remember a while back, there was a debate in here "would you have Simeone as your manager". I think it was when Athletico had just played, and up to their usual tricks. I, and many other fans argued no way, wouldn't want him near our club.

Liverpoolphil took the other side of the debate. Winning trophies was all that mattered.

After today's performance, Simeone could be the perfect fit for Liverpool. Maybe he is actually a good fit after all :)
More likely they’ll be calling Big Sam to help with the relegation fight ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

In all seriousness, I would rather not watch football if my team resorted to Simeone tactics simply to win trophies. I may be a voice in the wilderness (I suspect not), but the primary reason I watch football is to come away feeling exhilarated having watched a really good, entertaining game of football. Win at all costs does not sit well with me, never has.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Let’s be right Liverpool we’re fortunate to get through the last round. Could be a painful few months for the Liverpool fans til the end of the month.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I know their squad has aged and not been refreshed year on year, but this Liverpool side are really surprisingly bad.

Never expected them to be as poor (against their own standards) this season as they have been! Miles off it!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I know their squad has aged and not been refreshed year on year, but this Liverpool side are really surprisingly bad.

Never expected them to be as poor (against their own standards) this season as they have been! Miles off it!

Someone texted the BBC Sport website bemoaning Liverpool’s “bad luck” in selling Mane. What does luck have to do with a decision like that?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Someone texted the BBC Sport website bemoaning Liverpool’s “bad luck” in selling Mane. What does luck have to do with a decision like that?

Zero! They had to pay one and sell the other out of Salah and Mane.

Easy to say they paid the wrong man or sold the wrong man at this point but Salah is a quality player and I don’t think they made the wrong decision.

The defence is very poor!

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief when Liverpool get to 40 points or more this season.
Shockingly bad and those horrendous tackles today deserved red.
What's happened to the Liverpool side from last year?
Can't be the hangover from so very nearly winning the Quad last year can it, still?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Zero! They had to pay one and sell the other out of Salah and Mane.

Easy to say they paid the wrong man or sold the wrong man at this point but Salah is a quality player and I don’t think they made the wrong decision.

The defence is very poor!
The Midfield is even worse ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In all seriousness, I would rather not watch football if my team resorted to Simeone tactics simply to win trophies. I may be a voice in the wilderness (I suspect not), but the primary reason I watch football is to come away feeling exhilarated having watched a really good, entertaining game of football. Win at all costs does not sit well with me, never has.

It's a bit like golf.
I'd sooner lose with honour than win with shame.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief when Liverpool get to 40 points or more this season.
Shockingly bad and those horrendous tackles today deserved red.
What's happened to the Liverpool side from last year?
Can't be the hangover from so very nearly winning the Quad last year can it, still?

Hmmm, they won two penalty shoot outs against Chelsea. ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When it's the derby in a few weeks and Liverpool fans, not you, complain about rough tackles everyone on here will bring up this game ?.

Thuggery and route 1 up to Salah in the second half ?
Expect that in a derby though.

scrathing my head at the tactics.
Lad from Japan laced TAA a few times so we put Milner there.
buy a big striker and play him on the left wing.

we have to many bodies in the box a FK and corners ,they get in each others way.
but they can get two men free at the back post.
it looks chaotic at times.
we have injuries but everyone else has as well.