The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a strange sense of deja vu...

After being dominated for most of the half Spurs go in at the break leading thanks to a very late goal.

<Question of Sport Mode>

What happens next ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Do Spurs fans not have anything else to chant ?‍♂️

It’s just a constant drone of the same thing ( something that really shouldn’t sung )

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well well well the west ham curse strikes again

Ings .. not really been injured since his Liverpool days

20 mins for west ham. Out for a month it seems

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are that mate. Conte’s style is certainly not easy on the eye.
Can’t understand the chant of Levy out when to me the style and problem lies with Conte

Can’t understand that either he’s overseen the best Stadium in Europe and it’s not as if we haven’t brought players since Conte’s been appointment.

It’s been frustrating watching Spurs this season I guess the next 10 games will define our season and if it doesn’t go well Conte will be gone.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lucky to be 5th in league strange season, just 3 points off Man United.

With Liverpool and Chelsea underperforming it’s still possible to finish 4th

A good FA cup run and who knows how the champions league will pan out the season could go either way.

I watched a Brighton game the other week and what a breath of fresh air they were compared to Spurs.

One things for sure we won’t change our style of play while Conte’s in charge and it won’t be entertaining.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As has already been said, the sequence of events seems to have started at 9.30am, 3 hours before kick off, where the referee deemed the pitch unplayable. However, it was agreed to inspect it closer to kick off, following use of a cover and heaters. So, the question is, who influenced the ref? If the ref deemed the pitch unplayable, did he ask people to see if he could make it playable? Or, was he influenced by people saying they could make it playable? Was he put under pressure because it was a televised game? Or, under pressure because coaches wanted to get the game played?

Either way, it was a risky call that didn't pay off. At the final inspection before the match, presumably he made the wrong call anyway, but if it was borderline and he was being pressured to get the game on, I can understand why he took the risk to just play it, and hope it would actually be OK. I wonder how much involvement coaches and players have at this point? If they came out at the same time, and just said "no way, we can't play on this", then it would seem an easy call to call it off. Unless the BBC put them under pressure to play it?
It’s the refs job to protect the players and he has the final say.
he needs to be stronger and not get bullied by clubs or TV .
but we all know money talks .