The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah, he is going to struggle to keep warm this winter, although I'm sure Liverpool FC might help him cover the costs

It's all relative. £30k is excessive imo.

Liverpool FC will not be paying his fine.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've heard that Martinez was down for about 5 minutes after getting a knee to the head. He was then allowed to play on. 10 minutes later he needs to come off, and concussion substitution used.

I'm guessing it is pointless asking anyone to tell a player they must come off, they rarely do. You'd think if someone was down for 5 minutes after a blow to.the head, that would be a good sign to get him off before play is restarted. Bet they'll be all over that on MOTD

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have to hand it to de Bruyne, that was some quality free kick this afternoon. We normally blame the defence when one goes in, but we all just commented on how good the goal was. We weren’t convinced there was a foul on Grealish for the free kick though!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the England rugby today.
They know how to do VAR. I was very impressed with the reffing and VAR.
Never thought I would say that.!
You can hear the conversation between VAR and the ref. So can the crowd.
No hassle from the players on the ref.
The PL could learn a lot from the rugby model.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Have to hand it to de Bruyne, that was some quality free kick this afternoon. We normally blame the defence when one goes in, but we all just commented on how good the goal was. We weren’t convinced there was a foul on Grealish for the free kick though!
Unfortunately it was a soft foul and it’s one that Grealish gets a shed load of. One of the reasons he was brought in. Thing is he was going nowhere.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've heard that Martinez was down for about 5 minutes after getting a knee to the head. He was then allowed to play on. 10 minutes later he needs to come off, and concussion substitution used.

I'm guessing it is pointless asking anyone to tell a player they must come off, they rarely do. You'd think if someone was down for 5 minutes after a blow to.the head, that would be a good sign to get him off before play is restarted. Bet they'll be all over that on MOTD

Was disgraceful from the Villa medics. Keeper took a clear knee to the side of the head from Mings at pace....5 minutes on the floor he looked all over the place. Villa medics should have had him off the park for his own safety. Medics responsibility is to the health and wellbeing of the player....not to the number of points in the league table.

Having chosen not to have taken him off at the first time of asking Villa should not have been able to replace him with a concussion substitute...should have been part of the regular 5 subs.

Swango1980

Visit site
Was disgraceful from the Villa medics. Keeper took a clear knee to the side of the head from Mings at pace....5 minutes on the floor he looked all over the place. Villa medics should have had him off the park for his own safety. Medics responsibility is to the health and wellbeing of the player....not to the number of points in the league table.

Having chosen not to have taken him off at the first time of asking Villa should not have been able to replace him with a concussion substitute...should have been part of the regular 5 subs.
Good point, I agree. If a club are happy to risk the welfare of a player to try and get a result, they shouldn't get the concussion sub when the player is struggling after.