The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got to be City’s this time?
I’ve had a small bet on Napoli.
To be honest am not so sure. Some of the football I have seen from City this year has been the best ever. Some has been complete and utter rammel. It’s now a KO comp and it now depends which City turn up. ???

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
VAR.

Most changes have been made since VAR came in and instead of changing the VAR system they've changed the rules to suit VAR.

Like the handball rule??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️
I wonder why though.?
It’s not like it needed any change.
Being offside in relation to the ball just dosnt make sense. Most strikers are always in front of the ball.
It’s usually the last defender. Bizzare.

Swango1980

Visit site
I was definitely hasty in calling Rangers "awful" the other week.

Just read on the BBC website that they still have one more chance, next week, to avoid having the worst group-stage performance in the history of the competition. So, they could still prove me wrong :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good professional win, top of the group

But more positives

90 mins for ogbonna in his return from serious knee injury

Aguard , 70 mins after his injury in summer. He looks class. Full of pace

4LEX

Visit site
To be honest am not so sure. Some of the football I have seen from City this year has been the best ever. Some has been complete and utter rammel. It’s now a KO comp and it now depends which City turn up. ???

You'll go close as usual but I can see a repeat of the Liverpool away performance happening in the latter stages of the CL. Dominate the game, overpass, miss chances and get done on the counter. Or Mahrez will be allowed to take a penalty and miss it :whistle:

The level of the top teams in the CL is probably the weakest it's been for a few years. Bayern aren't anything special, ditto Liverpool and there's no chance of PSG cutting it over two legs. Some big sides like Barca, Juve and Atletico are all out. Toss up between you and Real for me with Liverpool and Bayern outside shouts IMO.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You'll go close as usual but I can see a repeat of the Liverpool away performance happening in the latter stages of the CL. Dominate the game, overpass, miss chances and get done on the counter. Or Mahrez will be allowed to take a penalty and miss it :whistle:

The level of the top teams in the CL is probably the weakest it's been for a few years. Bayern aren't anything special, ditto Liverpool and there's no chance of PSG cutting it over two legs. Some big sides like Barca, Juve and Atletico are all out. Toss up between you and Real for me with Liverpool and Bayern outside shouts IMO.
Yup my thoughts exactly, the World Cup could play a part with key players coming back with season long injuries.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yup my thoughts exactly, the World Cup could play a part with key players coming back with season long injuries.

This world cup is perfect for west ham

We have about 7 players going but can put out a decent 11 and are arranging friendlys

Team could easily be

--------------------fabainski

Ben Johnson Dawson, ogbonna Emerson

------------------downes soucek

Benrahma -----------fornals--- cornet

----------------------scamacca

With a bench including
Antonio
Zouma
Cresswell
Coufal
Lanzini

Bowen might not get the call either

Imagine after the world cup our team will be pretty much ready to go

Aguard is likely to go to world cup but hasn't played until last night so he won't be burnt out

Swango1980

Visit site
Good news for football managers now. It appears they can shout and scream at officials now. They won't escape a red card by the intimidated referee, but as long as they apologise afterwards, they'll escape a touchline ban.

Can't wait to see the next PL lose his rag and get sent off. I wonder if the same rules apply to players now as well?

D

Deleted member 1740

Good news for football managers now. It appears they can shout and scream at officials now. They won't escape a red card by the intimidated referee, but as long as they apologise afterwards, they'll escape a touchline ban.

Can't wait to see the next PL lose his rag and get sent off. I wonder if the same rules apply to players now as well?

A £30k fine was a tad excessive though.