The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Well, hopefully that works. His awful brand of football isn't going to get him the sack.

Theres no way this manager is getting sacked before a World Cup.

Based on tonights showing anything like this at the World Cup and it'll be a short lived one.

Swango1980

Visit site
Theres no way this manager is getting sacked before a World Cup.

Based on tonights showing anything like this at the World Cup and it'll be a short lived one.
I know. I didn't genuinely think he might get sacked for not wearing a belt.

Must be hard being a die hard England fan that goes to all the games. Often so much potential, yet no other nation would surely ever consider them one of the strong favourites. Most boring high ranked international football team around.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No goals, no ideas, no clue

Come on Gareth, what did you learn from that? Maybe this is all just one mighty bluff and youre going to reveal the real gameplan at the WC?

D

Deleted member 1740

I know. I didn't genuinely think he might get sacked for not wearing a belt.

Must be hard being a die hard England fan that goes to all the games. Often so much potential, yet no other nation would surely ever consider them one of the strong favourites. Most boring high ranked international football team around.

I knew that, but it would be funny ?

That was dire though. Southgate is handicapping this pool of talent.

Swango1980

Visit site
Looks like they were being booed off. Southgate has always been decent in interviews, and probably decent with the players

But, he really needs to start showing he is decent at getting consistently good performances and results from a team of good players. Diplomacy can surely only get him so far.

D

Deleted member 1740

Looks like they were being booed off. Southgate has always been decent in interviews, and probably decent with the players

But, he really needs to start showing he is decent at getting consistently good performances and results from a team of good players. Diplomacy can surely only get him so far.

He's not though. Tactically he's very negative and has proved time and again once they come up against a good side he bails it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Declan, did you play in a different game to what I just watched?

I'm going off Declan .. lives in his own world where imagine matters more than results

"Trust us" no Declan no. West ham's form after past calender year hasn't been good. England haven't won in 5

You are part of both midfields that don't look as solid as they should

Stop building your brand. Get off league of their own and on the training pitch.

4LEX

Visit site
Momentum is key in football and we've lost it big time. Not just lost it but the wheels have fallen off.

I think we're in big trouble now, you can't just turn it on when it matters. We're on the slide and this is a terrible run of games where we're looking worse and worse. Slow, no composure, no game plan and too many long balls.

I really fancied our chances in Qatar but right now I can see us going out to the first decent side we face. Our best bet is Southgate has learnt from the last year, goes back to basics and we play a more cautious game and hope our attack bails us out.

We need a big performance Monday against Germany who are as bad as us on recent form.

D

Deleted member 1740

Momentum is key in football and we've lost it big time. Not just lost it but the wheels have fallen off.

I think we're in big trouble now, you can't just turn it on when it matters. We're on the slide and this is a terrible run of games where we're looking worse and worse. Slow, no composure, no game plan and too many long balls.

I really fancied our chances in Qatar but right now I can see us going out to the first decent side we face. Our best bet is Southgate has learnt from the last year, goes back to basics and we play a more cautious game and hope our attack bails us out.

We need a big performance Monday against Germany who are as bad as us on recent form.

Isn't that what he's doing now?

They looked clueless tonight and his answer was to bring Grealish and Shaw on ???

Swango1980

Visit site

Play more cautious than he is already?