The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think Kane might be a bit gutted?
Definitely was at the time of course, but sources in the club say he's happy we've shown ambition by bringing in Conte and actually spending money on players for once. His options are limited now if he wants to stay in the Prem and get the record so he kind of has to get on with it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I see Bowen leaving a foot in when he didn't need to. Why not hurdled over? It's a foul and VAR is correct.
So a keeper has not controlled it and “ you don’t leave a foot in”.? Nah, not in my lifetime. Furthermore, VVD left a foot in. There’s a massive difference.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Another shocker, this time working for City. Coutinho scored, but before he did play stopped for offside.

Replay shows he was clearly onside

This is what I see is wrong with VAR. The lino clearly sees an offside and Flags, yet he was not Offside. He got it wrong. The ref blows so the game stops That point. Why does the Lino flag so close to the 18 yd box.

Swango1980

Visit site
This is what I see is wrong with VAR. The lino clearly sees an offside and Flags, yet he was not Offside. He got it wrong. The ref blows so the game stops That point. Why does the Lino flag so close to the 18 yd box.
It's not VAR with this one. The linesman was simply too hasty in putting the flag up. He is meant to delay it, but didn't. Once he has done that, the ref is meant to stop play, as it is assumes the offside is obvious.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nothing to do with VAR. Lino flags and ref blows whistle before ‘goal’ scored.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Nothing to do with VAR. Lino flags and ref blows whistle before ‘goal’ scored.

Why flag though when you know VAR will cover it. He has flagged because he thinks it is obvious. BUt when it went to replays which is what VAR use. He was wrong.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Exactly. The fault is 100% the linesman. He flagged too early, thus never giving VAR a chance.

i have said this before and I will say it again, referees and officials struggled before VAR. They are still struggling even to the point they now have VAR. The people that made mistakes are running VAR. City got away with one. It’s still poor officiating.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s even worse in real time after seeing it on MOTD.
Red card all day for me.
I would say it was an orange.:unsure:
You see tackles like that in every game.
It’s just below his shin pad and dosnt look good.
No complaints if it was red, the lad did him with a bit of skill it happens.
but we would have a lot of players sent off if refs were consistent with that.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i have said this before and I will say it again, referees and officials struggled before VAR. They are still struggling even to the point they now have VAR. The people that made mistakes are running VAR. City got away with one. It’s still poor officiating.
Agree.
Not a good day for VAR refs.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same ol same ol…big clubs still getting the dodgy decisions.

Embarrassing some people trying to defend it. ?

Especially when only weeks ago their own team didn't get a hair pull against them and post

"Allegedly it did and it wasn’t a red card. If that doesn’t prove it’s unfit for purpose then I don’t know what does. ??‍♂️?"

But hey no worries 99% of people know Chelsea needed a dodgy decision to beat west ham after investing £271 million during the window on an already decent base squad

RichA

Visit site
I'm neither a Chelsea or West Ham fan. Mendy wouldn't have saved the shot, but I thought the West Ham player left his foot low to strike him when he could easily have jumped over. But Mendy's staying down for the kick was pathetic. The whole incident was just typical petty Premier League silliness.
The MotD pundits last night are a crew that always apply a different standard to attackers and defenders in terms of what's a fair contact and what gives a player the "right to go down".
You couldn't pay me enough to referee pro football.