The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Half a roll and he was back on.
Trouble is people have to exaggerate to try and make a point that’s not true.Not just Dando on this occasion.
Dragging Foden off the pitch is just downright stupid.
Athletico and the manager are disgraceful,and I’m with other Utd supporters and hope he never gets a position in any premier league club.
I agree he didn't make a meal of the tackle. And the treatment he received was shocking.

But he also then managed to get himself back on the pitch whilst 20 people kicked off so as to make sure he was still interrupting play.

Tbh. It's not something I disapprove off. We (English players) may as well learn all of the tricks we will face.

Swango1980

Visit site
I agree he didn't make a meal of the tackle. And the treatment he received was shocking.

But he also then managed to get himself back on the pitch whilst 20 people kicked off so as to make sure he was still interrupting play.

Tbh. It's not something I disapprove off. We (English players) may as well learn all of the tricks we will face.
To be fair, I think the 20 people kicking off were doing a better job of interrupting play, including the Athletico player who refused to leave the pitch after being given a red card. At that point Foden could have laid out a picnic on the side of the pitch and caused less disruption at that point :)

The challenge on him in the first half was awful, and pre-meditated. Imagine the consequences if someone intentionally smashed into the back of someone on the street and cut their head open. Yet on the football pitch. not only can a person get away with such an intentional act, but they don't even get booked. Fair play to Foden, who after being patched up continued to play knowing he'd be targeted by thugs.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
To be fair, I think the 20 people kicking off were doing a better job of interrupting play, including the Athletico player who refused to leave the pitch after being given a red card. At that point Foden could have laid out a picnic on the side of the pitch and caused less disruption at that point :)

The challenge on him in the first half was awful, and pre-meditated. Imagine the consequences if someone intentionally smashed into the back of someone on the street and cut their head open. Yet on the football pitch. not only can a person get away with such an intentional act, but they don't even get booked. Fair play to Foden, who after being patched up continued to play knowing he'd be targeted by thugs.

My point was more than once that melee was resolved. If he was off the pitch the game could have started with him being forced to be assessed and then having to wait to come on.

His actions to get back on the pitch were most definitely not accidental.

Swango1980

Visit site
My point was more than once that melee was resolved. If he was off the pitch the game could have started with him being forced to be assessed and then having to wait to come on.

His actions to get back on the pitch were most definitely not accidental.

You may need to look at the footage again. I agree that he rolled back onto the pitch. However, within 6-8 seconds, he was dragged off the pitch by Savic. As the melee continued, he was treated off the pitch, and he was back on his feet 50 seconds after the challenge. It then looks like Fernandinho (club captain I believe) gets him to sit back down on the pitch a few seconds later, but he only does so for 30 seconds. He then gets up and walks away, whilst the melee continues. 61 seconds after he gets up, the Athletico player gets a red card, which prompts further delays as he complains and refuses to leave the pitch. Play finally resumes 120 seconds after that, with Foden taking the throw in.

So, I'm not sure what delay you are referring to? At no point was play halted because Foden was on the pitch being treated. He was treated off the pitch, and the fact that he sat on the pitch for about 30 seconds made no difference at all. The players were busy fighting and the ref busy dealing with the melee. Foden was on his feet and walking around for over 3 minutes before play could resume.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hey, you effectively called me a liar.

If that’s what you think ?‍♂️ - I just gave an opinion about football fans - unless you really wouldn’t celebrate winning the league and CL , then you would be very rare football fan that wouldn’t celebrate their team winning the biggest trophies in sport

But there was no sly dig towards you personally

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If that’s what you think ?‍♂️ - I just gave an opinion about football fans - unless you really wouldn’t celebrate winning the league and CL , then you would be very rare football fan that wouldn’t celebrate their team winning the biggest trophies in sport

But there was no sly dig towards you personally

Accepted. (y)

But I still wouldn't want him at my club even if he'd win the Premier League.
I'd love him at yours, though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wow some interesting scores

Could be a West Ham vs Frankfurt semi with Barcelona needing a big comeback

And Rangers with a great chance to make the other semi

D

Deleted member 15344

How the heck was Bowen allowed so much space to be that free in the middle - shocking defending , making it easy for West Ham