The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
funny thing is its a very winnable game after their opponents exploits midweek
haha. agree. But maybe they want the new man to get an easy win for starters?
Such odd timing. There must surely be something else going on. Is he going to Everton?? Has he been caught up to no good?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
funny thing is its a very winnable game after their opponents exploits midweek

Exactly. Follows a pattern ..

Massive win midweek against Seville .. lose to spurs

Hard draw against Lyon .. lose to Brentford

Last night .. I can see us losing

The only time it hasn't fit the pattern was when we beat villa after Seville first league but let's face it they are awful ?

D

Deleted member 1740

It would, but not that much better. You might struggle to tell the difference given that they are both pretty good on the :poop:housery front. :)

Many on here have defended Burnley's style of football in recent seasons.

It would be funny if Allardyce does take the job and keep them up sending Everton down??

Or even better Rafa?

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a game last night.

Dawson once again proves what a signing he has been. Under 3 million 67 games 8 goals .. in some important games aswell like last night

Fornals another fantastic performance 2 assists

antonio decided to put himself in beast mode

Rice just was rice.. but made sure he didnt get booked... was verging on a suspension

bowen just caused nothing but problems

every player did their jobs well. diop last min stand in for zouma .. didnt put a foot wrong bar a foul .. johnson well cresswell i wouldnt say should walk back into the team .. johnson is more than up to it. better defender but not as good going forward

anyways

into the semis we go

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I just don't get the timing ... After the game at the weekend just gone yes but mid week? No time to prepare for Sunday?
It puzzles me how clubs actually contact potential replacement managers in the first place...through agents? directly? An ad in the local paper?:LOL: Or do they have someone on their own staff (part of) whose job it is to put feelers out. I guess agents are also contacting them about possible candidates, just as they do so about potential players.
Dyche seemed to be a fairly capable manager of lower end clubs - keeping them up or getting them back when he didn't.
The (unexpected?) loss against Norwich was probably the trigger for action so reason for delay.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It puzzles me how clubs actually contact potential replacement managers in the first place...through agents? directly? An ad in the local paper?:LOL: Or do they have someone on their own staff (part of) whose job it is to put feelers out. I guess agents are also contacting them about possible candidates, just as they do so about potential players.
Dyche seemed to be a fairly capable manager of lower end clubs - keeping them up or getting them back when he didn't.
The (unexpected?) loss against Norwich was probably the trigger for action so reason for delay.

I have no idea, its mental. Almost as mental as when we had moyes. he did the job he was recruited for and the Daves got too excited that MP was available for free so ditched mr safe for mr flash who almost took us down. got mr safe back and now we are in a european semi final... mental

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What a game last night.

Dawson once again proves what a signing he has been. Under 3 million 67 games 8 goals .. in some important games aswell like last night

Fornals another fantastic performance 2 assists

antonio decided to put himself in beast mode

Rice just was rice.. but made sure he didnt get booked... was verging on a suspension

bowen just caused nothing but problems

every player did their jobs well. diop last min stand in for zouma .. didnt put a foot wrong bar a foul .. johnson well cresswell i wouldnt say should walk back into the team .. johnson is more than up to it. better defender but not as good going forward

anyways

into the semis we go
First half hour they (we) looked 2nd best and Lyon looked in control and looked quite dangerous every time they had the ball. As soon as the goal came though, it was a complete turnaround! Heros all, bur Dawson in particular! Good to see Noble maintain a bit of control at the end. Would be an appropriate end of career reward to go all the way.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have no idea, its mental. Almost as mental as when we had moyes. he did the job he was recruited for and the Daves got too excited that MP was available for free so ditched mr safe for mr flash who almost took us down. got mr safe back and now we are in a european semi final... mental
Wouldn't disagree with any of that - perhaps apart from the 'mr safe' moniker, as he's better than that - 'mr steady progress' probably better. Allardyce would be my choice for 'mr safe', as well as 'mr dull', with Andy Carroll as target man pretty much the sole attacking strategy!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't disagree with any of that - perhaps apart from the 'mr safe' moniker, as he's better than that - 'mr steady progress' probably better. Allardyce would be my choice for 'mr safe', as well as 'mr dull', with Andy Carroll as target man pretty much the sole attacking strategy!

Agreed. Massive respect for Moyes after being kicked into touch could have been easy to tell the Dave's to shove their offer

They got lucky he wanted to return