The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Agreed. Massive respect for Moyes after being kicked into touch could have been easy to tell the Dave's to shove their offer

They got lucky he wanted to return
I think his experience with ManU convinced him that being manager of a 'massive' club was not for him, so West Ham and he are a 'good fit'. He wasn't so much 'kicked into touch' as came to the end of his contract, Pelligrini was available and the Daves were ambitious. I hope they've learned from that! He's back and they are back amongst the 'big boys' again. Long may they stay there, even if at the bottom end for a few years.

D

Deleted member 15344

1AD2D9FB-C2C4-48C1-AFC5-70B33CADC1FD.jpeg
seems like City have been unable sell all their tickets ?! How can you not sell your semi final tickets ?!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
View attachment 42292
seems like City have been unable sell all their tickets ?! How can you not sell your semi final tickets ?!

City don’t often sell out games anyway. But I can certainly understand why, on an Easter weekend where travel from the northwest to London was known to be problematic, fans may have opted to stay away.

I have never agreed with semi finals being played at Wembley anyway because it devalues the FA Cup. But the lack of common sense at times, especially during a cost of living crisis the likes of which most have never seen, is breathtaking.

D

Deleted member 15344

City don’t often sell out games anyway. But I can certainly understand why, on an Easter weekend where travel from the northwest to London was known to be problematic, fans may have opted to stay away.

I have never agreed with semi finals being played at Wembley anyway because it devalues the FA Cup. But the lack of common sense at times, especially during a cost of living crisis the likes of which most have never seen, is breathtaking.

I agree on the semi finals not being at Wembley and it being a poor choice but Liverpool managed to sell the lot and get there - it’s the semi final of the FA Cup and City are supposed to be a huge club now, is it all a bit false and financially huge ?‍♂️

Singing during the minutes silence ? classy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe they’re all busy doing family stuff or working ?‍♂️

Some guy I know was trying to convince me a true fan is one that goes over land and sea. Misses family occasions and friends weddings to see west ham, committing £££ year

I normally find these people are one of three things

Lonely
Divorced
Or skint

Sometimes all 3

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

For a lot of the cockney red this is the home fixture tho

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I agree on the semi finals not being at Wembley and it being a poor choice but Liverpool managed to sell the lot and get there - it’s the semi final of the FA Cup and City are supposed to be a huge club now, is it all a bit false and financially huge ?‍♂️

Sorry Phil but irony of you having a pop at fans for not going to a match is hilarious ????

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Liverpool have more tourists and supporters in the south of the country.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Liverpool have more tourists and supporters in the south of the country.

Also the club clearly don't rate the fixture highly either .. Liverpool full strength, city rotated as they want champs League and the league.. some fans won't travel for that