The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

You are confused about the fans support of their club and the support of their manager. Of course fans will celebrate their club winning a trophy, and of course some will support the manager (or hope the manager will adapt to the way they want their club run). Of course, you are ignoring the fact that many of the fans still didn't fancy Mourinho or Benitez the following day, or quickly lost support after the following game where the result did not go their way or the team were boring). If a manager had proper support, fans would stick by them even after a run of poor performances.

But, if you are happy to have Simeone after Klopp, I hope Liverpool help that dream come true :)

So basically what your saying is when the team is winning they will celebrate the wins but when they didn’t win then turn on the manager ?

How’s it gone since the fans got their way and Mourinho left - have you enjoyed the lovely flowing football ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really?

They weren’t like that against us when they knocked out two seasons ago , seen them a number of times and they don’t always play like that at all - they will play the opposition

So no they aren’t always like that at all.

They have won two league titles recently , won a couple of cups and done well in the CL but adjusting what’s needed for opposition

Maybes it’s because they knocked out Utd and made it difficult for City that people in England are crying about their tactics

Did you watch last nights game Phil?

Athletico were that bad even Simeone lost the plot with a couple of his players they were that far over the line!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Did you watch last nights game Phil?

Athletico were that bad even Simeone lost the plot with a couple of his players they were that far over the line!!

Just the last ten mins and highlights - and yep at times last night they stepped over the line which hasn’t been denied- but the point was they don’t always play like that as someone suggested.

Savic was poor with his actions from what I saw - City certainly milked it at times

Swango1980

Visit site
So basically what your saying is when the team is winning they will celebrate the wins but when they didn’t win then turn on the manager ?

How’s it gone since the fans got their way and Mourinho left - have you enjoyed the lovely flowing football ?
No, you are an absolute nightmare to have a discussion with. Your blinkers are unbelievable, and your interpretation of what others say. I said that fans support their club, it is pretty much unconditional. If they win a trophy, they'll celebrate the win, even if Putin was manager. It does not mean they support the manager, and following celebration of the TEAMS success, many will then go back to criticising the MANAGER. Some will do so immediately, some might after a game or so.

End of day, several United fans have told you they would NOT support Simeone as manager of United. Perhaps it would be wise for you to respect their opinion about their own club, despite what you individual beliefs are about your own club and what you would accept. As I and others have pointed out, successful managers to not guarantee support from their own fans. Why ignore this point?

Swango1980

Visit site
Really?

They weren’t like that against us when they knocked out two seasons ago , seen them a number of times and they don’t always play like that at all - they will play the opposition

So no they aren’t always like that at all.

They have won two league titles recently , won a couple of cups and done well in the CL but adjusting what’s needed for opposition

Maybes it’s because they knocked out Utd and made it difficult for City that people in England are crying about their tactics

Honestly. Are you saying that criticism only began in England once they knocked out Man Utd?

Maybe I'm mistaken, I could have sworn that criticism has gone on for years, and virtually every (if not every) game I have seen over that time, Athletico have played the same way.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, you are an absolute nightmare to have a discussion with. Your blinkers are unbelievable, and your interpretation of what others say. I said that fans support their club, it is pretty much unconditional. If they win a trophy, they'll celebrate the win, even if Putin was manager. It does not mean they support the manager, and following celebration of the TEAMS success, many will then go back to criticising the MANAGER. Some will do so immediately, some might after a game or so.

End of day, several United fans have told you they would NOT support Simeone as manager of United. Perhaps it would be wise for you to respect their opinion about their own club, despite what you individual beliefs are about your own club and what you would accept. As I and others have pointed out, successful managers to not guarantee support from their own fans. Why ignore this point?

And I have a different opinion at the end of the day - that’s all it is - maybe you need to have a look at how you preach to people and have a look in the mirror - I’m sure it was just a few posts ago where you were just dismissing some as “glory hunters” was it - so maybe look at what you post and how you speak to people before pointing fingers

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just the last ten mins and highlights - and yep at times last night they stepped over the line which hasn’t been denied- but the point was they don’t always play like that as someone suggested.

Savic was poor with his actions from what I saw - City certainly milked it at times

they overstepped it from the first whistle, clear plan to one by one take Foden out. The initial foul was a disgrace. They continued to do so over and over again because that is the culture the manager has instilled over a period of years.

each to their own but I would be utterly disgusted if that was the club I support and wouldnt want that culture anywhere near

and lol at blaming city for milking it

Swango1980

Visit site
And I have a different opinion at the end of the day - that’s all it is - maybe you need to have a look at how you preach to people and have a look in the mirror - I’m sure it was just a few posts ago where you were just dismissing some as “glory hunters” was it - so maybe look at what you post and how you speak to people before pointing fingers
I perfectly respect your opinion to have Simeone as Liverpool manager. I can't make that opinion for you. I can chuckle at it, and suggest you don't speak for all Liverpool fans. However, I wouldn't dare say you WOULDN'T want Simeone as manager, only you can tell us how you feel. Given your reasons for not minding Simeone as Liverpool manager, winning trophies, than I was happy to suggest you would be a glory hunter. After all, winning trophies would be the only positive, I can't imagine you'd be happy with Simeone because you think his teams play great entertaining football, and with integrity. But, maybe I am wrong, maybe you do think that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Trying asking that in a pub round Stamford Bridge and then mention Benitez's name Phil; you can tell us how you got on if you get out alive. The man was, and is, absolutely despised despite the Europa League win. Sarri is not greatly thought of despite the 2019 win; tolerated might be the best description.

That's in marked contrast to other former players & managers who always get a great reception when they return, and not necessarily winning ones; one of the best receptions is always reserved for Claudio Ranieri. If you doubt it, watch the guard of honour given to Leicester City at Stamford Bridge in their Premiership winning season.
Ave said this before. I was. Chuffed to bits when Leicester won the title. They came to City and battered us. It was a fantastic game. And as a neutral it was one of my fave titles to be won. It sticks in my throat when I hear fans of other teams say Leicester won it coz it was a poor season for the top prem teams. They lost three games all season. Have a look at the league table from that year it is astonishing

D

Deleted member 15344

they overstepped it from the first whistle, clear plan to one by one take Foden out. The initial foul was a disgrace. They continued to do so over and over again because that is the culture the manager has instilled over a period of years.

each to their own but I would be utterly disgusted if that was the club I support and wouldnt want that culture anywhere near

and lol at blaming city for milking it

“Blaming city” ?

Not sure where that come - but it was amazing how Foden at that incident near the end was able to do about 8 barrel rolls and then was that badly injured he managed to get himself rolling back onto the pitch

Teams will at times go over the line - we have seen it plenty of times - we can all remember the Arsenal/Man Utd battles and some of the antics that went on there.

Atletico play a combative way during the CL - not always but depending on the opposition and they certainly weren’t going to go all guns blazing against City because it would have played right into Citys hands

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
“Blaming city” ?

Not sure where that come - but it was amazing how Foden at that incident near the end was able to do about 8 barrel rolls and then was that badly injured he managed to get himself rolling back onto the pitch

Teams will at times go over the line - we have seen it plenty of times - we can all remember the Arsenal/Man Utd battles and some of the antics that went on there.

Atletico play a combative way during the CL - not always but depending on the opposition and they certainly weren’t going to go all guns blazing against City because it would have played right into Citys hands

You think one team going out with a clear game plan to act like that from the first whistle, targetting specific players and leaving city with 3 or 4 injuries is comparable to the Arsenal v Man U games in the late 90s where both sides went at it?

Can see why Liverpool fans are happy with the punishment City took last night

Swango1980

Visit site
You think one team going out with a clear game plan to act like that from the first whistle, targetting specific players and leaving city with 3 or 4 injuries is comparable to the Arsenal v Man U games in the late 90s where both sides went at it?

Can I risk answering this for Liverpoolphil? Yes, he does think both are absolutely comparable, hence why he raised the issue to try and back him up. I'm happy if he corrects me however, to say they are not comparable. I just thought I'd answer if you needed a quick response, and he was currently busy on twitter :)

D

Deleted member 15344

“happy with the punishment” ?!

Where did anyone suggest anything of such ?

Atletico went with a game plan - it didn’t work and City held their nerve and composure to rise above the game plan and get through

D

Deleted member 15344

Can I risk answering this for Liverpoolphil? Yes, he does think both are absolutely comparable, hence why he raised the issue to try and back him up. I'm happy if he corrects me however, to say they are not comparable. I just thought I'd answer if you needed a quick response, and he was currently busy on twitter :)

Once again posting sly cheap digs at posters all because they have a differing opinion

As i said - look in the mirror before pointing fingers at others in the way they talk and post

Swango1980

Visit site
Once again posting sly cheap digs at posters all because they have a differing opinion

As i said - look in the mirror before pointing fingers at others in the way they talk and post
Come on, don't play the victim. If you are happy to give your opinions and tell other fans what they want (despite them telling you otherwise), then you have to expect a response. Clearly, the simple response of "we do not want Simeone as our manager" is unacceptable to you, because you continue to tell us otherwise.

How was it a cheap dig? I assume I answered correctly, and you found both incidents comparable. However, I gave you the chance to say otherwise. The last sentence was simply a light-hearted ending to explain why I answered for you, related to your known love of twitter :) -

Edit - haha, I initially posted this, and then saw you had posted another twitter link before I could post this post. Perfect timing

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re Athletico last night and next years champs league. They are in fourth spot and have a tough run in. Qualification may not be straight forward.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
He did manage to roll back on to the pitch after being dragged off though.....
Half a roll and he was back on.
Trouble is people have to exaggerate to try and make a point that’s not true.Not just Dando on this occasion.
Dragging Foden off the pitch is just downright stupid.
Athletico and the manager are disgraceful,and I’m with other Utd supporters and hope he never gets a position in any premier league club.