The all things EV chat thread

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wait till you need an oil change, a new exhaust or another catalytic converter.
:whistle:

:D

I think one of the biggest problems with EV's is going to be brakes as they're barely used due to the regen. You can one peddle drive everywhere unless something comes out in front of you. The discs on my car are already in a bit of a mess at 4K due to lack of use, last car was still on originals at 45K and they looked good. Try to make of point of giving them a good clean up by using them fairly hard regularly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wait till you need an oil change, a new exhaust or another catalytic converter.
:whistle:

Yeah I think the service on this is first service after 8000 miles then 16000 or 2 years there after

Insane

Topped up last night , should get 3 trips to work and back out of it if not maybe just charge it anyways tomorrow night ... Just to save as it's cheaper to top up from half full than plug in as there no way of me stopping it charging until full unless I'm awake at 04:30 to stop it on the app... Or go out .. so will just pull the expensive juice

But still enough for me

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A remapped 400hp BMW 335d :ROFLMAO:

Question really is when you have a 335d which is such a nice machine as is why on earth would you need it re mapped? Or is 4.5 seconds 0-60 just too slow lol

Just bought a new VW golf mild hybrid.
Just think EV is not for me at the moment.
Maybe in three years I will look again at them.

Depending on your commute you may be able to drive EV on it. Guy at work lives only 10 miles away as uses electric only

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. I did just look at a review and seems really good versus the 1.6 it replaces. Still take my car over it ?

And I'd take both mine over it. However the point was legally overtaking it has more than enough to work

After all we don't live in Germany

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don’t really know why people own super cars here. My Focus goes as fast as a Ferrari, 70 miles on the motorway.

You have no idea. It isn't all about how fast you go. There is way more to cars than that.

Anyone who hasn't had a go in a 500hp+ car really doesn't know how much fun they can be to drive, at legal speeds.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have no idea. It isn't all about how fast you go. There is way more to cars than that.

Anyone who hasn't had a go in a 500hp+ car really doesn't know how much fun they can be to drive, at legal speeds.

Yet oil is a very limited resource now which we need to reduce our use of

Cars producing under 30 mpg should have been banned 10 years ago.