Tees, educate me.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not quite sure I understand what is coming across (jokingly I presume) as Tee snobbery, if there can be such a thing?

I usually use orange castle tees with my driver as if gives me the consistency of ball height. Red for woods and the very small green ones for irons if required.

simply, does it matter in reality? or am I missing the hidden jokes within posts?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Orange tees are what I use for irons off a mat.

That's the trouble when you buy cheap imports they do not stick to the colour coding principles of castle tees.

I see that the cheapy manufactuers are now producing the castle tees for irons in lime green.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Castle tees are great for use off the mats something pros do not experience. Pink ones for me for the drive.

I stick to 70mm wooden or plastic for drivers when teeing off the ground and the half broken wooden ones for all other shots.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Orange tees are what I use for irons off a mat.

That's the trouble when you buy cheap imports they do not stick to the colour coding principles of castle tees.

I see that the cheapy manufactuers are now producing the castle tees for irons in lime green.

Yeah I used to use the tiny orange tees for irons but they now all seem to be lime green

Then again I'll use anything, broken wooden ones etc

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use a single castle tee for my driver during a round - orange/grey to encourage me to set up correctly. I can also hit a lower trajectory much more easily from a higher tee than a lower tee - right up to the point I thin it properly!

If I sky it it's because i swung badly - it's not the tees fault! If you want to guarantee that you won't hit it of the top face of your driver use the red castle (although I've seen people manage it in the depths of winter and really soft ground....) but that's another issue entirely!

For all the rest of my clubs I pick up the broken bits of wooden tee that I find littering the teeing areas on every course I play 🤔

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Do you not use different tees for different clubs?

Sorry Bob, think we have crossed wires, I only used the orange tee with the driver.
As Reemul has written.
its Orange for driver, red for 3 wood and hybrid, green for irons.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like I’m in the minority here, I use white castles for driver. I’m also a bit of a tee tramp so I use broken ones I’ve scrounged from tee boxes for other clubs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You are all environmentally unfriendly. Wooden tees only for me. You lot are poisoning dolphins, hold that swing thought next time you tee up :D (not sure how the dolphins get onto a parkland course though to eat them)

D

Deleted member 1147

I've personally never seen a pro use anything other than white, wooden tees.

So that's what I use...think like a pro, play like a pro.

Unfortunately I'm playing like a crap pro!

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You are all environmentally unfriendly. Wooden tees only for me. You lot are poisoning dolphins, hold that swing thought next time you tee up :D (not sure how the dolphins get onto a parkland course though to eat them)

I use all my plastic orange and red tees only once, then bag them all up in a suitable plastic sandwich bag and as I drive past a beach chuck them all out of the window!

Its the ONLY way I can see the dolphins get their fill of plastic tees! I did once try posting them via the Royal Mail, but the poor postman just got his uniform wet looking for the letter box!

For those tree hugging environmentalists, this post is in JEST!

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I prefer to use white wooden tees, but have been using pink castles as I find when using normal tees I'm subconsciously teeing them higher and higher during the round

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.

If hitting into the wind, you want to tee it slightly higher but hit it with as little spin as possible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't stand wooden tees. They only last one or two shots before they snap and you're onto the next one. Go through them like butter. I bought two bags of plastic tees probably well over a year ago and I'm not even half way through them. A bag of wooden ones would have lasted about two months if that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In general I don't use castle tees for driver - but when I do I use pink.

I will often use green or red castles for irons or hybrid from tee (as I break too many wooden ones) but tend to push them in as far as I want to. So sometimes a green will only be lightly pushed in and so like a red - and sometimes a red pushed well in will become like a green. Ground not so hard I'll more often use a broken tee rather than a red/green castle

D

Deleted member 1147

I can't stand wooden tees. They only last one or two shots before they snap and you're onto the next one. Go through them like butter. I bought two bags of plastic tees probably well over a year ago and I'm not even half way through them. A bag of wooden ones would have lasted about two months if that.

You need a bag of nice hardwood tees - teak or mahogony are best